SAU Community

Wife's new car... XR6 Turbo!!!

What a little darling! (yes 5'6" is little)

In deciding what car to lease through her work she said "It's only $40 a week more for the XR6Turbo over the taxi-pak Falcon... why wouldn't you?"

Damn I'm glad I married that girl!

Bring on that new-car smell.... oh, and 240kw of course.

I have a grin on my face that you couldn't remove with a brick ;)

4 litre 6 cylinder with a gt40 strapped on the side is nuts. mark 1 or 2? the 6 speed is very nice and runs awesome. stacks ot torque. its peak power its from 2000 to 4500rpm and makes more torque than the beefed up v8s

yeah higher compression with the 6 vs 8 cyl and turbo charged :)

surely the turbos can be changed!, just head out and get a GT3540 (and some internals) wacked in there ;)

You wont need internals or a bigger turbo - my XR6 turbo ute runs 11.9 @ 120 & none of that stuff has been touched!!! ( and the ute is heavier than the sedan too)

yeah niizpro did a made stage 3 or stage 4 kit that was like 800 odd kw at the flywheel. to crack some serious power i think all you need is to change the compressor housing as its a restricitive one to kinda hold back the turbo a little. you dont need internals or turbo change at all for good top power. changing it to a gt3540 would be silly. one awesome package i must say. go the aussies, nothing beats displacement. they did the rb30 turbo and the japs wanted it, and now theyve done the 4 litre turbo ;)

Now once the car has 3,000+km on it go to your local XR6 Turbo tuning house and ask for one custom tuned edit box.

$1,600 later you will have a handheld box that can upload 250rwkw in 2 mins on a completly stock car.

I hope you get a good one, make sure you inspect it with a microscope and also test drive it before you accept delivery as the quality varies.

Was reading over the XR6 Turbo forum's and i think it's Rajab Racing Development's or HPF or it may have been a combined effort.

Anyhow they have just takin the title of fastest XR6 Turbo in the land with a 10.5 @ 131.5mph on the car's first ever meeting at the strip on street radials.

Didnt take them long.

Get the muffler removed ,the one under the rear seat,you'lll feel the difference 20 kw i reckon .......$40 at an exhaust shop.Apparently ford put it in to curb it's power so it didn't have more power than the BOSS 5.4l. Also sounds beefier with muffler thing removed

Guest Mashrock

haha wait till you hear about what they did to the territory. a 2.2 ton car running 11.7

This was in 100% STREET DRIVEN TRIM road Tyre's pulp full exhaust including CAT the lot and as expected its 60 foot times were very good with a best of 1.72 sec

nizpro_terriitory1.jpg

Vehicle has the following attributes:

- standard Stage 2 Cobra Kit coupled with an auto upgrade in the same fashion as the BA Falcons

- Garrett GT series turbocharger similar to the standard BA turbo with a slightly different turbine end.

- low compression pistons used are high silicon content cast alloy

- The radiator is a high capacity alloy unit that is twice as thick in core size to the standard Territory unit

- Conrods are the same as Cobra Stage 3 engine and are custom billet machined to Nizpro specs.

- fully blue printed and balanced engine

- transmission cooler

- twin stainless steel exhaust system with 100mm stainless steel turbo dump pipe and high flow 100mm catalytic converter

- 20 inch chrome alloy wheels with 275/40/20 Michelin tyres

- lowered the suspension 30mm.

- GT-T stripes with Turbo badges

- FPV instrument cluster

this is all taken off the xr6turbo forums.

• 2 months later...

Picked the new baby up last friday.

8km on the clock and "that" smell..... mmmmmmmmmmm

couldn't get my ass out of it all weekend.

Best thing? Karen takes the Galant to leave at the train station each morning and the Falc' is MY daily driver!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: