SAU Community

Show & Shine Wrap Up Thread

d00dz

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for what its worth, seing as we have gone over this so many times, I want to echo Merlis previous comment that those of you who entered the show and shine because you were chasing trophies really did enter the wrong show.

The bitching is pathetic, and those of you who are still complaining and criticising how the judging took place need to give it a rest.

Thats MY 2 cents.

:werd:

not sure if it was at the show and shine, i but i must say one of the mopst mint condition skyline is a 33 owned by a guy who frequents powerplay a lot

shit hot car

do you mean the dark grey r33 nismo demo car? if so, i agree that car was very tidy indeed. :(

All,

I was at UAS chatting with John and Merli on Saturday. I have a great idea for next year.

OK, I know the perfect venue, its Sydney Based, where there is ample hard surface parking for both participants and spectators, it has access control points, toilets and there is no problem with having a huge number of modified cars.

ORAN PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest next year we get UAS to secure a track day at Oran Park. We use the southern car park for the Show Cars. Show & Track cars can stay up the western top side in the garages, and straight track cars can stay at the east garages near the marshal point.

The general public can park outside on the grounds and we can call it the.

Show and Go!

People can not only see the cars in the Show but also watch them at work on the track.

I can see this would be a great venue and we should get heaps of people and cars with the Sydney based location.

I thought UAS could offer $30/session for the once off driver who gets the urge. I think this has the potential to make it huge. We will need additional people on the day to police and control access points. But I think it is a sound idea

What do you think?

Guest DIRTgarage
All,

I was at UAS chatting with John and Merli on Saturday. I have a great idea for next year.

OK, I know the perfect venue, its Sydney Based, where there is ample hard surface parking for both participants and spectators, it has access control points, toilets and there is no problem with having a huge number of modified cars.

I suggest next year we get UAS to secure a track day at Oran Park. We use the southern car park for the Show Cars. Show & Track cars can stay up the western top side in the garages, and straight track cars can stay at the east garages near the marshal point.

Show and Go!

People can not only see the cars in the Show but also watch them at work on the track.

I can see this would be a great venue and we should get heaps of people and cars with the Sydney based location.

I thought UAS could offer $30/session for the once off driver who gets the urge. I think this has the potential to make it huge. We will need additional people on the day to police and control access points. But I think it is a sound idea  

What do you think?

Top idea.....lets start organising it!!

All,

Show and Go!

What do you think?

Sounds awesome.

You'd need to think about insurance for the track and also public liability too wouldn't you?

How would SAU as a club make $$ from this though? and I read

"We use the southern car park for the Show Cars. Show & Track cars can stay up the western top side in the garages, and straight track cars can stay at the east garages near the marshal point."

what about the other cars that aren't track cars?? I know you track guys think drag or drift racers are beneath you but does the sau sns have to be all about track aswell like the club has been in the past

Busted,

I think you missed the point. It’s a free car park with toilet facilities in the Sydney area, with access control points. Charge admission if you want to make money, but I was providing a solution to the constructive ideas that have come forward from the last SNS day.

1. Sydney based day would ensure more cars and more people.

2. Grass is not the best surface for show cars.

3. Finding a host that will allow a car park fully of modified cars.

As a bonus people will get a chance to drive their performance car in a safe surrounding and spectators get to see some of the cars at full noise.

By the way the southern car park is huge and will accommodate heaps of show cars. I actually got the idea from the 2005 auto salon which was at eastern creek.

No Pail I didn't miss the point at all you put an idea forward and then asked "what do you think" and thats what I think or am I only allowed to reply if I agree with your idea

Talking about missing the point, I noticed you didn't answer any of my questions about it being 100% track

Brett

what about the other cars that aren't track cars?? I know you track guys think drag or drift racers are beneath you but does the sau sns have to be all about track aswell like the club has been in the past

Busted, in addition, I think your comments are way out of line.

I dont know if you have ever meet me but next time we are at an event come for a chat and you will soon understand I dont think anyone is beneath me!

Busted to clarify.

My idea was to have a show and shine in the Oran park carpark.

There is a carpark at this location which is only ever about 20% full when track days are being run.

At the south side of this carpark there is enough room for 200-300 cars. Yes the show cars can park here and be judged and viewed.

On the north side of the same car park, is 60-70 garages, show cars that want to go for a drive can stay up the top to ensure they stay part of the show, but also get access to the track.

The 100% track day cars can use the east side of the garages and stay out of the show's way.

So to answer you question, no its not a 100% track day.

"We use the southern car park for the Show Cars. Show & Track cars can stay up the western top side in the garages, and straight track cars can stay at the east garages near the marshal point."

yeah... valid point... its not always about track!! we should have a drag section too! :uh-huh:

Busted to clarify.

My idea was to have a show and shine in the Oran park carpark.

There is a carpark at this location which is only ever about 20% full when track days are being run.

At the south side of this carpark there is enough room for 200-300 cars. Yes the show cars can park here and be judged and viewed.

On the north side of the same car park, is 60-70 garages, show cars that want to go for a drive can stay up the top to ensure they stay part of the show, but also get access to the track.

The 100% track day cars can use the east side of the garages and stay out of the show's way.

So to answer you question, no its not a 100% track day.

:D but now you're only talking about show cars and track cars?! a drag car is neither!!

btw!! did i mention you're son is gorgeous!!! :)