SAU Community

Show & Shine Wrap Up Thread

d00dz

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest next year we get UAS to secure a drag strip at WSID. We use the southern car park for the Show Cars. Show & Drag cars can stay up the western top side in the garages, and straight drag cars can stay at the east garages near the marshal point.

The general public can park outside on the grounds and we can call it the.

Show and Go!

now tell me if you read this you would think I meant track cars aswell hahaha sugar coat it all you like guys but honestly the idea came from tack day racers and will always favour track day people as I wouldn't race over 200m if you paid me to

Please keep track days and the show and shine seperate

Do you think its large enough?

Last time I ran a skid pan day it cost $1500, how do SAU cover the costs?

What if some one has a track day running do you think it will caose issues?

Guest DIRTgarage
I wouldn't race over 200m if you paid me to
Aww c'mon bu5ter...so you wouldn't have chopped all those bogan v8's at powercriuse??

come to think of it a high powered single turbo rwd car is not really suited to 1/8th mile drags on an un-prepared surface....is it?

Do you think its large enough?

Last time I ran a skid pan day it cost $1500, how do SAU cover the costs?

What if some one has a track day running do you think it will caose issues?

So its cheaper to hire Oran Park is it?

Maybe we wouldn't book the skid pan on the same day as someone hired the track

I'm not saying its a perfect idea but you asked me if I had any idea and I gave you one

Guest DIRTgarage
So its cheaper to hire Oran Park is it?

Maybe we wouldn't book the skid pan on the same day as someone hired the track

I'm not saying its a perfect idea but you asked me if I had any idea and I gave you one

If there is no track events, the venue has to be within walking distance to a bar or TAB!

Busted,

Mate again I think you missed the point, YES the Oran park car park is free!

UAS (Unique Auto Sports) would be running a track day at Oran at the proposed SNS date for next year.

UAS will allow SAU to use the car park for the SNS.

The idea has already been discussed with John (UAS owner) and as one of the SNS major sponsors, he was happy to support the club yet again.

Participation for all SAU members at the track is optional, if anyone wants to spend the $200 and participate in the UAS drive day they are welcome to do so. As a bonus John was open to the idea of $30 so a single session, for first timers who wanted to experience the track.

now, that idea makes sense to me. could help John with track day attendence (such a great day, once people see what it's like I'm sure they will want in) and help SAU with a no cost venue. sounds good.

I spent some time thinking about this and I feel this is a commercially viable outcome for both UAS and SAU. A win win for everyone

And likw Merli pointed out, I just wanted to go for a squirt after the last SNS and the F2 with a 17month old in the back was not the place. Oran park is though!

All these ideas will be brought up when it comes time to commence planning for SNS 2006 and all suggestions are appreciated - but lets keep the bickering to a minimum thanks - This is a SNS 2005 wrap up thread, not a debate over whos suggested venue is better for the next show.

Guest DIRTgarage
now, that idea makes sense to me. could help John with track day attendence (such a great day, once people see what it's like I'm sure they will want in) and help SAU with a no cost venue. sounds good.

c mon SAU....lets not put the skylineNats idea in the too hard basket....it can be organised Stacey, Myself and the lads from DIRTgarage have already agreed to assist....two of our crew are also DJ's and have said they would be keen to participate.

i think its a great idea but will take alot of hard work form lots of people who are willing to volunteer.

personally. my opinion is that shown and shine and track days should be kept separate.

especially on such a tight budget.

Guest DIRTgarage
i think its a great idea but will take alot of hard work form lots of people who are willing to volunteer.

personally. my opinion is that shown and shine and track days should be kept separate.

especially on such a tight budget.

this is an automotive forum with one of the largest member bases and traffic...c'mon surely people power can acomplish a 1 day event..."powercruise" has a two state 3 day event and is organised by Gup and his henchmen!

please explain why track and show days should be kept separate?

basic economics tells me that hiring two separate venues...on two separate days would cost twice as much!

I like Paul's idea.

The organisation wouldn't really be anymore difficult than what the 2005 SNS day was. The only difference is the venue would be the same as the UAS day.

The UAS "crew" would be running the trackday as they always do and the SNS "crew" do the show in the carpark.

The only downside (if it could be called that) is that i'm pretty sure teh majority of spectators at the 2005 SNS attended because they drove past Mingara and seen a heap of bling cars in a carpark and stopped by to take a look.

If it was held at Oran Park the spectators would be purely from advertising as nobody would be able to see the display from the main road.

Guest DIRTgarage
I like Paul's idea.

The organisation wouldn't really be anymore difficult than what the 2005 SNS day was. The only difference is the venue would be the same as the UAS day.

The UAS "crew" would be running the trackday as they always do and the SNS "crew" do the show in the carpark.  

The only downside (if it could be called that) is that i'm pretty sure teh majority of spectators at the 2005 SNS attended because they drove past Mingara and seen a heap of bling cars in a carpark and stopped by to take a look.

If it was held at Oran Park the spectators would be purely from advertising as nobody would be able to see the display from the main road.

i see two mini billboards stuck on a toyota hiace driving the streets of western sydney....lol