SAU Community

r32 gtst sedan dyno today!

147rwhp with 3 inch cat back,k&n pod filter,standard boost,which was 11psi???.after fitting x-force front mount intercooler,the power went to 166rwhp,then we put 15psi through the standard turbo and got 210rwhp.the car is an auto.let us know what you think as any advice would be appreciated.

147rwhp or 147 rwkw - 147 hp seems low, and but 147 kw would be closer.

11 psi isnt normally stock - 7=8psi is normal

15 psi is asking for a blown turbo.

What engine management are you using?

standard computer,what turbo do you suggest that will bolt directly in place that will handle the 15psi and all power figures are in rwhp.we actually thoght that it was kw but is hp.anyway the car is a true sleeper.

I wont advise on the turbo choice because I am not as familiar with the RB20 as I am with the RB25s. Search the threads and I think you will find lots of help.

You may/will also need to consider upgrading your:

Fuel Pump, Injectors, Engine management (but I think you can reprogram the EPROM on a 32 which is cheaper) and turbo to push more than 200rwkw reliably.

also a lot of people are using stock r33 turbos on the rb20det

the r33 turbo can produce about 180rwkw but i wouldnt turn it up to 15psi

its a direct bolt on (make sure you get the inlet elbow) and very cheap. do a search as heaps of people are doing it

i've told if you boost the standard R32 R33 GTS-t turbos over 14Psi that compressor

wheel detaches and makes a mess of your turbo???? is this true? and if so what about the GTR std turbos?, i've had conflicting stories about this matter also?

-cube- run his RB20 turbo with stock ECU at 1 -1.1 bar for 12,0000km and still going strong.

he might be special case but shows occasionally (high/low boost setting) running 15 psi is fine