SAU Community

Manual RS4 Stagea 4 sale

guys keep on topic or the thread will be shut
I still think you are getting things back to front - there is NO need to close a thread that started as a 'for sale' in the general stagea area (instead of in the 'for sale' section where it belongs) if it wanders off the 'for sale' topic.

ie Sure, move it or close it for being a 'for sale' in the wrong place if you really think you have to, but if it it turns in to a general chat so be it! It is after all in the general stagea chat area!!!

Ian

its weird i cant wish someone good luck with the sale and ask about the transmission even though this is related to the sale of the vehicle?? ok now that doesnt make sense especially

considering that the seller indicated that if we have any questions we should feel free to ask hmm

Good luck with the sale. If you feel the need to return the exhaust to stock, I'll happily take the 3"  off your hands :huh:

BTW: How much would a manual conversion cost, and is this something you would do for another Stag owner? Or do you only do it on your own cars?

I could do it, but cost would be a killer. Don't know exact cost but console, shifter surround and associated parts (console lid, rear ash tray, rear cupholder, main cupholder etc) are VERY expensive out of Japan. Secondhand almost impossible. Plus shifter surround has to be repainted to suit your car. 260RS have their own one off colour. If the interior isn't black then the console body will have to be colour changed as they are black only. Also 260RS have two types of consoles early and late. The G sensor must be relocated also in some cases, a new mounting bracket must be made so that the sensor is level in relation to vehicle and its new position. Many hours involed here and the g-sensor must be pulled apart to attach to the new bracket!! tricky little sensor if you f#@k it you up for a grand!!Anyway i would have to price it all up if your real serious.

Dammit Alan,

was really interested in your car when I saw it at SnS and spoke to you late that day, but then noticed it didn't have either the sunrooves or leather. If it had at least the sunrooves, I would have been so much closer to making a decision and coming up to see the car properly.

Doing some research on insurance at the moment, so once I've sorted that and a few other things I might still give you a call. If it's been sold by then, then so be it.

Good luck with the sale, regardless.

Nick.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...