SAU Community

How many Kms has your R33 travelled?

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder whats the highest a GTST has run without needing an engine rebuild. One that has been looked after. Hopefully there is one with 300,000 kms =p

But there probably is, because most of them are wound back in Japan hence, we might be sitting on 200,000 instead.

Just clicked over 153,000. Had 67,000 when we bought it.

Daily driver = yes.

El Bee

*edit - I intend to put another 6km on it at the drags next Sunday as per last time. We did 24 runs last time without a hitch. Do oil and filter every 5000 etc though*

how much for the rebuild?

full bottom end rebuild with forged pistons ect, plus reco of the head, will be somewhere in between $5-6K, depends on the extent of work to be done :D

Hey Sambo - Did your motor give up or just upgrade time?

engine gave up mate. it started drinking about 1L of oil every 1000ks, it turns out the ringlands were stuffed on all 6 pistons.

Sambo - that was unfortunate , from when you go the car was it like that?  Did it blow a bit of smoke.  Mine doesn't use anything in 6000kms so I guess mine is ok ...

the problem came with the car, it just gradually got worse in the last 5000ks, i really should have been more thorough when inspecting the mechanical areas.

yep it blew loads of smoke at high rpm, also under serious loads i could fill an 800ml catch-can up in about 60 seconds. oh well... now i can do some track/drag days without worrying about my engine spitting it ;)