SAU Community

How many Kms has your R33 travelled?

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

157,305 - rebuilt 3 times already.

But only because it needed it the 1st time, the other 2 were stupid things that happened while It was in the less than capable hands of family members.

^^^

What tha? What did they do? I'd like to know so I avoid letting this happen myself...

First time was at around 90,000kms. After a night of drag-racing around newcastle I woke up in the morning with Zero oil pressure and broken ring-lands. Detonation killed that one.

Second time was at about 100,000k's. My sister was using it for a while. Got a call from her halfway down the freeway from Sydney and asking what the Temp guage meant when it was pointing straight up, Oh and there was a strange bubbling/boiling noise coming from the engine bay. I asked how long it had been like that for, she said the guage was like that for the last hour but the noise was new and made her worried. The Heater core broke shortly after getting it towed and spilled fluid down the passanger footwell. Got the pipes dodged up but it still had a warped head and block.

This rebuild they bored out the cylinders and meant I had to fork out for a new set of forged pistons and HKS copper headgasket :rofl:

Third time was at about 127,000k's and I was living in sydney by then, my brother was using my car for work. He was a Courier and his car was out or rego at the time. On Miller St in North Sydney it just died and he was there for a while trying to start it and roll start it with no luck. After another tow to Powerplay they found the Tensioner for the Timing belt had just sheered and just fallen off making the belt go slack.

Block was ok, Pistons were marked but still useable but the head and valves were shot. Put a new nissan gasket and rebuild kit thru it again just for the sake of it and got all the damage fixed.

When I picked it up from Powerplay I had just got my licence back and I took it home and havent let it out of my clutches since.

Moral? If you loose your lisence for 3 years, put the car into storage or something, up on blocks is perferable. Will cost less in the long than letting people who will just neglect basic maintennance and serviceing.

Sure the Tensioner was just one of those things, but if he hadnt been there trying to keep starting it again for ages the damage wouldnt have been so bad.

Purchased @ 63k kms in Jan2005..... currently has 81k kms now..... so 18,000km  in 6 months.............. usualy only driven on weekends........ thats ****ed hey :$ lol

wow - 800kms a weekend.. what you doin with the thing..

Purchased @ 63k kms in Jan2005..... currently has 81k kms now..... so 18,000km  in 6 months.............. usualy only driven on weekends........ thats ****ed hey :$ lol

im the same..... although i do roughly 150-250 a day

guys, just a question...do you actually think the kms done on your car is genuine?? I heard 80% of the kilometres have been tuned back so that they can fetch a higher price in Japan. Any of you have real genuine service log books on your cars?

How long can the RB25DET engine run for? will it blow after 100,000kms? Jordan's car sounds a little scary though...:D

It most definately will not blow after 100,000km unless you mistreat it (mainly by not doing regular servicing).

I reckon our odometer was probably fiddled with somewhere and that is why we got the dealer to do the belts etc, after the odometer was only working intermittently while driving it home.

El Bee