You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I will go over it again, a leak would make the most sense and also explain why I have a high idle issue if I plug the iacv in...I have had everything off, inspected, and replaced every coupler and hose in question, new clamps, reinstalled and basically soaked the entire system with soapy water and find nothing... could there possible be an issue with the wastegate rusted open?? from sitting so long? again the air sound literally sounds like a 3 inch open pipe blowing or sucking air, not just a small passage, very strange. it does sound like the turbo is creating massive air flow but like its not being diverted or flowing into the intake/cylinders, it seems to have very low and delayed power. do appreciate the help
    • Boost leak or exhaust leak. Boost could be from anywhere, including manifold/plenum gaskets. Exhaust is frequently head to manifold gasket or from manifold to turbo gasket. Often caused by missing nuts or broken studs.
    • Check for spacers on the front, in case they've been pushed out a little to try to match he rears better.
    • I should clarify that the previous owner put the wheels on, so Im not entirely sure what he bought. I was searching the Rota page and found these two as the only matches. It did not occur to me that perhaps they sell these wheels with different offsets. I guess the best way to solve this is to take the wheels off and measure them from the inside to be sure.
    • The offset doesn't really have anything to do with dish directly. I mean it kind of does but it also doesn't, it's only tangenial. The offset is purely how much offset (get it) the mounting face is from the CENTER of the width of the rim. I.e, the mounting face would be directly in the middle of the 9.5inches if it was a 18x9.5 ET0 rim. Given it is a +12 rim, the mounting face is 12mm further away from the center (to the outside of the car). Your fronts are +30, so the mounting face is 30mm further away from the center (to the outside of the car). I would wager this doesn't look right, because most skylines generally have the same with guards front to back. So I'd think your fronts look significantly more sunken in than your rears. I'd wager by about 18mm, or so.