SAU Community

Cefiro suspension

DC

What suspension does the Cefiro use?

i'm lookin for coilovers for my car.

i already have coilvers atm, but the springs are too hard and the shocks make a leaking noise.

i've looked thru many plances including this forum, and there seems to be a few opinions.

some say they're S13.

some say S13's will be too low at the front, and need R32 rears.

this seems to be right as my coilovers are wound up to the highest, and still damn low all over - i won't be able to fit bigger mags.

so do i need to find "Cefiro" suspension or highly adjustable "S13" ones??

i've just rung a few places, and all wanna sell me S13 suspension except for one place.

found D2 coilovers with this place.

unless some1 stops me today, i'm probly gonna get those. =}

You will probably find that when you asked for cefiro suspension at that place.....they just quoted you on S13 stuff knowing perfectly well it is the same stuff.

S13 susp is what is meant to be fitted.........it is just the spring rates and damper rates that vary. Being aftermarket susp. there are several options with rates.......therefore no one will sell cefiro specific items.

i've just personally spoke to someone who's had their D2 leak on them twice..!!

and she knows some1 else who's had them bust too.

damn..

ok, i now realise that the good coilovers have damper and height adjustment for an S13 set to suit a Cefiro.

but 1 more thing - i need the car to ride at close to stock height and spring rates sometimes.. (don't ask!!)

soo... i found 3 types..

HD Systems(HR and HS types), HKS HyperMax and Tein HA coilovers.

any1 know if u can raise these decently high and not ride too hard?

I heard the same thing about D2, maybe steer away from them. You can usually adjust the height in two ways firstly on the spring platform and secondly at the base of the shock where it bolts onto the spindle. have heard a few different opinions about tein but had em on my skyline and seem to be fine. Heard the problem comes from winding them too low and reducing the travel ability of them.

See how you go.

I have D2's installed on my car, bought em brand new for $1300 delivered (group buy) and after 4 months of having them installed on my car i've had no problems. They made the car handle sweet as, prior i had KYB shocks with RS-R springs.

David

just wait for it oz_cefiro... the knocking and leaking will come :cheers:

dave - its not that they cant handle our roads... its the fact they are made in hong kong

no made in japan or taiwan label... thus they go bust

ive never seen a set of jap or taiwaneese coilovers go bust like d2s... my mrs s15 had d2's... all 4 knocking, 1 blew a seal completely and other had a slow leak...

another s15 - 2 shafts bent and 2 seals blown... this instance is fair enough - the car was drifted at 210kph at queensland raceway but still i dont see any jap coilovers going bust when theyre pushed like that

just wait for it oz_cefiro... the knocking and leaking will come :cheers:

dave - its not that they cant handle our roads... its the fact they are made in hong kong

no made in japan or taiwan label... thus they go bust

ive never seen a set of jap or taiwaneese coilovers go bust like d2s... my mrs s15 had d2's... all 4 knocking, 1 blew a seal completely and other had a slow leak...

another s15 - 2 shafts bent and 2 seals blown... this instance is fair enough - the car was drifted at 210kph at queensland raceway but still i dont see any jap coilovers going bust when theyre pushed like that

Mine were Kei Office before the rebuild, and yeah, they were RS. Full on stuffed. That said, where I took them to be rebuilt I would NEVER go back there.

D2 aren't J-brand.

I've got teins I'd go them again my ride is great and they're hard when required. No probs so far and I would assume they live a very very sedate life since I've owned the car to before.

Best handling cefiro I was in had JICs.

Don't know what type either of em.

DC... youd be the new guy at optus ML with the a31 correct?

i'm not new to Optus, but the Ceffy is.

i was driving a turbo Laser before.

i think i'm doomed to hard jap suspension cos nobody can sell me anything local since the 'Cefiro' is not local.

and if they can, it'll be expensive.

here's my plan of attack:

1. See if HD systems make the HS models for my car - cheap for brand new coilovers, height and damper adjustable.

2. If the above plan fails, i'll get a quote to get springs changed and shocks rebuilt(one of them makes a leaking noise).

3. If the above is too expensive, the same place can sell me a set of reconditioned Tein HA or HKS HyperMax, also fully adjustable.

Does this sound like a solid plan? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchd

DC... youd be the new guy at optus ML with the a31 correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC

i'm not new to Optus, but the Ceffy is.

Ha another 2 fellow Cefiro owners work for Optus. Im Optus Syd thou.

Neways back on topic....I am having a shite fight with my suspension atm. Actually confirmed last w/end at CC's that it has after market suspension of some type (will get pics asap). It has 4 diff settings which i have NFI what they do. For some reason, passanger side is sitting about 2-3cm lower than driver side, but all settings are same??!!!! :confused:

Ill get some pics up and hopefully someone out there will know wtf they are and what the dealio is! :werd:

Ando

DC - take a guess who my gf is :rofl:

let's have a stab in the dark here... Diana? with S15 "MISS D" or sumthin like that?

hehe.. we work in the same department.

and thx for all the info so far guys.. been great help. :uh-huh: