SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have any s2 c34 brakes that they dont want?

doesn't matter if they are a bit warped, and the thicker the better

also the cheaper or freeer the better

chiuck me a pm if you can help

qld preffered

I have now bought my replacement calipers from off a r33gtst, sumitomo 4 pots ( front ) ans sumitomo 2 pots (rear).

I shall get the gtst discs front and back next.

I have a question, will these calipers and discs fit with the standard 16" wheels? Series1 stagea.

I hope so!!!!

R33's come with 16's standard so you know the diameter will be ok. To quickly check the offset/disc clearance just make sure you have atleast 20-25mm of extra space between the rim and the stock 2pot caliper, the 4pots stick out around that much further than the 2pots.

Edited by QWK32

that would work, the rotor offset is the same i believe, don't the S1 guys use trimmed down R33 rotors as replacements anyway? trial it and then you'd know for sure if fitment will be an issue.

Hey guys Im looking at a complete brake overhaul for my S1,

just wondering on recommended people to go see in Adelaide southernish area

anyone had dealings with All Clutch and Brake Services? from what im told i need my calipers need to be overhauled, new pads and new rotors, my stag is reasonably stock (soon to add boost controller and safcII) so just wondering what you would recommend as I dont think i will need to upgrade too much even though there will be more power

cheers

Can't suggest a shop but can recommend you get some better quality pads and replace fluid with Motul RBF600. If you are not a driver who stands on their brakes all the time and not intending track days then that and new stock rotors should be fine.

Can't suggest a shop but can recommend you get some better quality pads and replace fluid with Motul RBF600. If you are not a driver who stands on their brakes all the time and not intending track days then that and new stock rotors should be fine.

i've done a lot of reading and for a sports pad or to increase the capability of your brakes i'd be looking at some qfm pads

think they are still developing the s1 pad so maybe you could look at getting someones s2 brakes and get those put on, this will get you up to a 290mm rotor which is closer to acceptable for a car of the stageas weight

how much were you looking to spend on recoing the stock brakes?

how much were you looking to spend on recoing the stock brakes?

I assume that last bit is directed at me too be honest I have no idea hence why i came to the bible of stagea knowledge... what ever it costs to a decent but not over compensating as i will probably be getting rid of the car this year and it will never see a race track

I assume that last bit is directed at me too be honest I have no idea hence why i came to the bible of stagea knowledge... what ever it costs to a decent but not over compensating as i will probably be getting rid of the car this year and it will never see a race track

why change it then? rebuild kit will be hard to get and exxy. callipers leaking? get some cheap s1 replacements from someone who has upgraded

anyone in adelaide know where i can get slotted disc's for my s2 stag? also what pads do you guys reccomend for high performance street use.....i.e. occasion track day? any estimates on prices?

qfm ar1m pads, now for s2 stags, ebay $179 = win

less dust than bendix ultimates and waaaaaaaaaaay better performance, that with slotted rotors will be a good upgrade

pm "rs73" he could get me new slotted rotors very cheap

why change it then? rebuild kit will be hard to get and exxy. callipers leaking? get some cheap s1 replacements from someone who has upgraded

*n00b statement* mechanic told me the calipers needed a full overhaul and it would take a couple days plus apparently the rotors are warped.... brakes pulse a bit shudder when hot under hard braking.

the next step was going to see if i could get some second hand ones but i dont really know what im looking for... im guessing if i get second hand calipers its probably still a good idea to get new discs and pads?

*n00b statement* mechanic told me the calipers needed a full overhaul and it would take a couple days plus apparently the rotors are warped.... brakes pulse a bit shudder when hot under hard braking.

the next step was going to see if i could get some second hand ones but i dont really know what im looking for... im guessing if i get second hand calipers its probably still a good idea to get new discs and pads?

if rotors are warped then you may be able to skim them (lathe them flat) but if they are worn and already getting pretty thin then this is not a good idea

second hand calipers can be had cheap, just look at the pistons and dust seals and make sure they havn't been leaking

qfm ar1m pads, now for s2 stags, ebay $179 = win

Thanks mate, just one favor to ask, if you're going to purchase please don't go through ebay. Contact us direct on either 1300 884 836 or email sales at gslrallysport dot com

We'll still honor the free shipping as per on ebay.

Regards,

Greg

Thanks mate, just one favor to ask, if you're going to purchase please don't go through ebay. Contact us direct on either 1300 884 836 or email sales at gslrallysport dot com

We'll still honor the free shipping as per on ebay.

Regards,

Greg

no worries, still holding off on mine as im not sure if im gonna get r34 brakes yet

how come not through ebay? do sau members get a discount?