SAU Community

PROOF - WA is behind the times

Steve

I think with the amount of inquiries ahg/wanners/collie are getting for drifting they may come around in a year or 2....i got the feeling ahg was getting annoyed with all my hassling :) good stuff.

I too would like to help with getting some more regular organised drifting going on.

Is Collie ready yet after being re-surfaced? Why have they not been having more events like last year (never got the chance to go to any of them :))

I'll be at Wanneroo when the comp there is on :)

Hello guys!

I hardly ever pop my head in here nowadays... I'm still in Japan but I will be coming back to AU next month sometime (for good).

I'm really suprised Drift hasn't gottten off the ground like it has in the Eastern States too. In fact (no offence to our Eastern brothers :unsure: ) I thought the guys in WA were alot more level headed and able to 'pioneer' things a bit more themselves...

Is there anything I can do? No really, I have my contacts here in Japan and Australia, so is there anything that I can help with?

I think the big thing that would help is some sponsorship and media exposure for the big day end of September that C-Red are organising.

The success or failure of the even will have a huge impact on whether or not the like so Barbegallo raceway will embrace the sport and get behind it.

When I was in SA, James Vahoumis had connections through Signal that brought TOYO onto the scene - this was a turning point, they now sponsor comps in the west, as well as drivers. Most of the major tyre companies are following suit now.

Is there anything that you think might be able to help along those lines?

exposure and sponsorship is the key IMHO.