SAU Community

*OFFICIAL* SAUNSW Drag Day Wrap-Up - Times and Pics!

NXTIME

Very good day guys. I've been to just about every single event (except motorbikes) that WSID has run since day 1 and I have to say that today rated easily in the top 3 events i've attended.

The style of the event made it extremely easy to muck around with tyre pressures, work out the best rpm to launch at, watch other peoples techniques etc without having to wait in line 45mins between runs (Wed nite street meets). I'm just kicking myself that I sold my Skyline 3mths ago, certainly would have had time to figure out that elusive 13sec pass today.

Apart from the PB's of 2rismo, Stacie, Paul etc i'd actually like to mention the efforts of Glen in his Black R33 GTS-t whom I was helping most of the day. The car only has a full exhaust, air filter and 10psi boost and we got it from 14.5@98mph down to a 13.5@100mph. That car can't be pushing more than 170rwkw and for a first days effort at a drag strip I think that's top work. I think a 13sec flat will be on the cards for the next event by the time a PowerFC and FMIC is fitted/tuned.

Apart from Marks very minor fluid spill after lunch it was really good to see a day with no holdups, that is extremely rare at WSID.

p.s. any pics/video of my $hitbox are more than welcome

Mark I have about 5 of your runs/burnouts on the camcorder. It's a neighbours camcorder so hopefully it won't take me too long to get it into a digital format for you.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DIRTgarage

Thanks to all who organised a great day, and appreciate all the support from the SAU'ers.

Well...10.3@134MPH who would have thought.....A 2530 powered GTR takes 5th place (HPI street drag list) off the T51R SPL powered JPC GTR. Just goes to show that you can run the numbers without a big single. Fixing the transfer case (not transfering enough front drive) and setting up a two-step rev limiter could see TWOOGLE a nine!......stay tuned folks!!

P.S. 2rismo love your stuff bud! Nice numbers.

woohoo, what a day!!! Big ups to the organisers as it was an awesome day :)

I had about 8 runs with a PB of 11.2 at 122mph which Andrea and i are absolutely stoked over. The cars previous best was a 12.0 at 117mph. Was trying to back up the 11.2 so hard i ended up frying the clutch and had to tow it home :( :( she will be back bigger and badder than it is now though so its all good :):(

Congrats to Paul and Stacey, that 10 was to easy for you, now you gotta go chasing that 9 second pass :(:D I am sure with some giggle gas it will happen sooner rather than later :D

Adrian, congrats as well on your new PB :huh: shame you suffered a similar fate as us and your car didnt drive home but thats drag racing i guess.... sometimes you win, some times you lose :(

There were so many cars and so many awesome times run by all and i am happy to see this one go off without any major hitches. I just want to know when we need to have the car fixed by so i can make the next day..... mmmm, a retune with some ET 103 should get us that 10 we are so close to :D :D :D so someone set another date..... please.....

Now for the pics... i am sure Merli got quite a few so where are they :D:D

Gotta love this pic :D

DSC_0105.jpg

Thanks to all who organised a great day, and appreciate all the support from the SAU'ers.

Well...10.3@134MPH who would have thought.....A 2530 powered GTR takes 5th place (HPI street drag list) off the T51R SPL powered JPC GTR. Just goes to show that you can run the numbers without a big single. Fixing the transfer case (not transfering enough front drive) and setting up a two-step rev limiter could see TWOOGLE a nine!......stay tuned folks!!

P.S. 2rismo love your stuff bud! Nice numbers.

Paul mate awesome time and a huge congrats to yourself and Stace but just double check that HPI mag as I'm looking in No56 and it says the APC T51r GTR has ran 9.778 and is in 4th position

Awesome time aswell Brad great to see, 11.2 what? as there's a couple of 11.2's hahaha

Thanks mate, its about time its run a decent number. It ended up running 11.274 at 121.79mph

Well done to everyone who participated on the day and to those who set a PB!

Huge congrats to Paul with the 10.3. Awesome stuff. Time to rebuild the transfer case and get the front wheels spinning too! Stace, into the 11's right next to me. Well done buddy.

Brad, I told you the tyres were the $hit, I said to flog the burnout hard and look what happens?!?!? 11.2 !!! :) Well done buddy - hope the car's back on the road sooner rather than later.

Thanks Adam for the organisation - day went smoother than any other meet at WSID I've ever attended.

Rotary times? No? No? Didn't think so :huh: Who should be sponsored by Kleenex now biatches!!!

Adrian

Booted it over the line Paul well done. I have some of your runs on vid but left prior to your 10.3 which is a shame but then I guess you don't plan on staying there long? Where are all the other GTR's in NSW as I only saw yours Paul flying the flag?

Slot car had issues on the dyno Sat night finally found out one of the 044 pumps was making noise but no flow and a few other things so unfortunately could not make it.

2rismo maybe I could not see it in this thread what was your best time and yes I have vid of your burnout and a few runs, email me and I can send it to yoiu.

Yep fish tailing down the track got a few and should have mentioned this. I think I just created a lot of work for myself. Lucky I am an enthusiast hey. I can't remember any other cars I captured but will check and let anyone else know. I was not there that long and went home frustrated, I find it hard to watch rathe have a go.