SAU Community

*OFFICIAL* SAUNSW Drag Day Wrap-Up - Times and Pics!

NXTIME

What car, BU5TER? :cheers::D:D And what good runs?

Hey Dimitri, Welcome to the forums. Good to see an enthusiast who appreciates all types of cars. Plenty of room in here :)

From memory but don't quote me please, I think my best two runs may have been at about 1.00pm to get danish from Chris's van and the 2nd was at about 3.00pm doing the same thing

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From memory but don't quote me please, I think my best two runs may have been at about 1.00pm to get danish from Chris's van and the 2nd was at about 3.00pm doing the same thing

I was sure that I saw you go for a thrid run at about 4:30pm :)

Paul, I knew I would get that response. I was referring to the LM GT4's. :cheers:

What car, BU5TER? :):D:D And what good runs?

Hey Dimitri, Welcome to the forums. Good to see an enthusiast who appreciates all types of cars. Plenty of room in here ;)

Yea, definately BU5TER, what a machine :cheers:

Mate, ive owned rotaries, ive just finished building a VL with a V8 stroker in it, should be good for low 11s. Now though, ive got to get my hands on an R32 GTR, just waiting for those prices to drop abit :lol:

Guest DIRTgarage
I was sure that I saw you go for a thrid run at about 4:30pm ;)

Paul, I knew I would get that response. I was referring to the LM GT4's. :cheers:

4's. :)

lol...are you refering to the "Theo" drag specials....

ela re you need to buy yourself a 31

rearwheeldrive goodness

Lol, was that you that put on a very nice smoke show and then told to leave, due to a leak? :cheers:

Im sorry im more of an R32 fan :)

Il wait till next year when i have more cash and start searching for a skyline B)

Any of you guys interested in another drag day? Because the rotary guys definately want another run ;)

I'd also be keen to do it again if another day was organised. All going well, I'll have my turbo upgrade done in the next couple of months, so the car will be running a lot quicker next time around :)

...and where are those pics??? :cheers:

Lol, was that you that put on a very nice smoke show and then told to leave, due to a leak? :cheers:

Il wait till next year when i have more cash and start searching for a skyline B)

Any of you guys interested in another drag day? Because the rotary guys definately want another run ;)

bloody catch can was full and we'd forgotten to empty it

32s are for the girls

i am as keen as mustard for another drag day

just say when!!

32s are for the girls

just say when!!

Guest DIRTgarage

32s are for the girls

just say when!!

gotta keep an eye on the catch cans...revving to 9000rpm and pulling nearly 2.5g's on launch, forces all the oil in the head out the breathers.

NV033 could you shrink your sig for me please? I'm sure haak is great but I don't need it's logo taking up half of my screen.

U HAPPY YOU GOT WHAT YOU WHAT NOW PRINCESS???

WHERE IS THE SENSE OF PRIVACY IN THIS F****D UP PLACE, IF YOU GONNA CHOP AND CHANGE STUFF AT LEAST HAVE THE COURTESY TO INFORM ME PRIOR AS IM PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF DOING IT MYSELF!!

WHEREZ THE F****D UP CLAUSE SAYING I CANT HAVE THAT F****D UP LOGO UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• This was amazing and something I feel like a lot of younger enthusiasts, like myself, need to hear. I've been observing a local dyno shop spitting out 650-800HP RBs but when looking at their graphs, the car is basically dead until 5-6k RPM when it skyrockets.     I’ve decided to change my goal and go for that 450whp mark and aim for quick spool, responsiveness, and practicality (I can't afford my engine being a consumable, haha). Now, looking for the best suitable turbo for this application, I'm considering: • Garett GTX3076R Gen 2 ( .62 or .82) • Garrett GTX3576R Gen 2  ( .62 or .82), room for improvement later? • HyperGear ATR43SS2 ( .62 or .82) • Pulsar PSR3076  ( .62 or .82) • Pulsar PSR3576 ( .62 or .82), room for improvement later? Any recommendations? I know the HyperGear and Pulsar aren’t name brands but they’re sure budget friendly    
    • Can you bypass the damper as well, it can also fail
    • Oops, guess I accidentally deleted the last digit of the video ID. This one drives me nuts. VCT is such a big advantage for basic driveability and it costs very little to do. It's not like we're dealing with an E60 M5 with its dedicated high pressure VVT oil pump + hydraulic line carrying 1000+ psi and all that fun stuff. I also see a lot of people speak poorly about EGR and try to delete it in modern GDI engines. The problem is modern GDI relies on cooled high pressure EGR to improve timing margin at high load + RPM. So unless you're compensating for it by raising octane you have to completely retune when it's deleted.
    • Yeah, I was just trying to show on camera that the manifold is pulling enough vacuum through that hose to pull the diaphram in the stock fpr but couldn't really hear it on film.  Yeah, it's strange. Fuel should be by-passing through the reg to exit back into the tank thus reducing the fuel pressure: Sorry for my awful drawing here (I like to make diagrams to understand it better 🤪) The (temporary) fuel gauge is plumbed between the fuel filter and dampner. I've already eliminated the possible cause of restriction that the return line might have had and it's not that because I placed a long hose from the FPR (exit from the fuel rail), by-passing the 2nd dampner and return line, then straight into the filler fuel cap (as seen on my first vid). And it was still at 50 psi. Which means that I have a fuel restriction between the 1st dampner and the FPR.  Possible causes: Blockage/restiction in the 1st dampner: I know it's not this because I've swapped it out to a known working one from a spare complete neo engine sitting in the shed. Blockage/restiction in the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR): Also, can't be this because I swapped it out to a known working one from the other engine.  Blockage/restriction in the fuel rail and fuel rail's lines: this could probably be the case. Maybe red rubber grease got in there when I changed the injectors (with new seals) a year ago? Who knows. The only way to know is if I take the bastard off and inspect it (or swap it to the other spare one), which I think I will just have to do.  Injectors causing a restriction in fuel causing high pressure? Could this be? I wouldn't think so? Because even if injectors were completely blocked, fuel would just by-pass them through to the FPR and exit? Let me know if I'm wrong though. Because if that's the case, it could explain some weird electrical shit where the injectors aren't opening enough or something.  Air bubbles in fuel rail? Can this be a thing? Could air get trapped inside the fuel rail and cause high pressure? Shouldn't though right? Faulty pressure gauge? I just grabbed this old pressure gauge that was sitting in our toolbox at work. I'm going to buy another gauge and see if I get the same result just incase. But it reads the priming correctly at 40ish psi. idk... The spare rb25det neo engine that we have in the shed came out of my brother's R34 that was working perfectly fine before we pulled it out to slap a rb30/25det neo in there. It also has the same xsprut 640cc injectors on the fuel rail still. So I might have to swap them out and see what it does. 😮‍💨
    • Yep, like how people insist VCT does nothing, delete them OR say how twin scroll is a waste of time.