SAU Community

*OFFICIAL* SAUNSW Drag Day Wrap-Up - Times and Pics!

NXTIME

Nice pics Merli,

Thank you for including the Green R33.

Not a star on the day, but ran honestly for 30 runs before the drive home.

My son managed a 14.0 (while driving in his steel capped work boots!).

Oh well, a brain transplant is happening in the near future. Then new ECU will not have kittens with the boost that the highflow is throwing at it.

Enjoy!

El Bee

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DIRTgarage
Great pics Andrew  :(

Moanie, can i just say that although they way Brad says things on-line doesn't always come across as he intended he has always has the best intentions. I know he would love nothing more than to see me do a 10 sec pass in my car one day and take it to the guys as he would any other female car enthusiast as it isn't exactly a female dominated sport. It isn't easy to explain what i mean on here but i hope you understand where i'm coming from  :)

Congrats on the PB's everyone, can't wait till the next one  :(

Andrea

Well unfortunately until it is explained, people have misunderstood Brad...I myself haven't but can see where Moanie and Stacey stand.

Brad has made statements on your behalf, that you have not been able to back up....even yourself stated to Stacey in front of me at Compak Attak/Drag Combat that you had run 12.0??? After talking to Brad he tells me it was HIM who did a 12.0.

Dont get me wrong here....i like you both but the stories are wearing thin..

Why did you not even do ONE pass in the car? Have you ever done ONE pass in "your" car? Reason i say this being up until Compak Attak I had never even driven a pass in Stacey's car....she has nearly fourty passes in her car....Moanie has probably done even more!! Ive only done 14 total. Only 5 before Sunday

From where it stands for these two girls it looks like Andrea is the token owner of Brad's toy.

Great pics Merli!

For the life of me, I can't understand why you're so modest about them though. You've got nothing but compliments on your pics from both the SnS and Drag Day and rightfully so. Your standards must be too high :(

Well unfortunately until it is explained, people have misunderstood Brad...I myself haven't but can see where Moanie and Stacey stand.

Brad has made statements on your behalf, that you have not been able to back up....even yourself stated to Stacey in front of me at Compak Attak/Drag Combat that you had run 12.0??? After talking to Brad he tells me it was HIM who did a 12.0.

Dont get me wrong here....i like you both but the stories are wearing thin..

Why did you not even do ONE pass in the car? Have you ever done ONE pass in "your" car? Reason i say this being up until Compak Attak I had never even driven a pass in Stacey's car....she has nearly fourty passes in her car....Moanie has probably done even more!! Ive only done 14 total. Only 5 before Sunday

From where it stands for these two girls it looks like Andrea is the token owner of Brad's toy.

Paul, I have raced my car before on the track although not in it's current state of tune. I must admit that if someone asks what times we have run i will say the car's fastest time regardless of who drove. The thought has never entered my head to make people believe that it was me driving, i have just never thought of it that way. I'm not in this to take any records or anything i just want to build a quick street car. Personally it doesn't matter to me who drove the car to what time i only care about what the time slip says at the end. Other people may feel differently to me but that's the way it is.

You guys will not be aware but i have coped alot of flack from numerous people about this car and i am sick of it, all i want to do is get it to the times i'm happy with and it will never see the track again, the sooner the better for me. Brad constantly tries to get me in to drive it myself but i must say i really don't care.

If people have misunderstood i apologise, hopefully it is more clear now :(

lol drag people winge alot

hows that r31 cracking a 12.1

yea baby

imagine all those r32-r34 owners with 4 times the power getting flogged by a shit r31

lol

lol

lol

lol

l

ol

r31 number one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea baby all on a stock bottom end

stock gearbox(now in 8 bits)

yea baby

im so inspired im might think about maybe saying that i might go to the drags some time in my life

lol drag people winge alot

hows that r31 cracking a 12.1

yea baby

imagine all those r32-r34 owners with 4 times the power getting flogged by a shit r31

lol

lol

lol

lol

l

ol

r31 number one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea baby all on a stock bottom end

stock gearbox(now in 8 bits)

yea baby

im so inspired im might think about maybe saying that i might go to the drags some time in my life

Fatz you forgot to mention that it also has a high mount turbo kit, upgraded cams, RB25 head, fully stripped and was running on slicks damn if it couldn't do 12's he should shoot himself

oh and go and spam someone elses thread about drifting this is a drag thread

Great pics Merli!

For the life of me, I can't understand why you're so modest about them though. You've got nothing but compliments on your pics from both the SnS and Drag Day and rightfully so. Your standards must be too high :unsure:

Thanks mate :)

Well I guess I do hold high standards for myself. I love photography, and I know what I *can* do with a camera, but I just haven't had any time lately to go out shooting and keep in practice :P

As such you forget how to properly judge exposure, white balance and what DOF to use to get the desired effect. This should all come instantly, as moments don't wait for you to fiddle with your settings, and this only comes with constant practice :)

Granted, it was a horrible day for photography, and WSID's layout is TORTURE as you're shooting straight into the sun all day except for a window of about an hour from 3pm-4pm when the sun softens and goes down :(

Anyway, thanks for the comments, glad you enjoyed the pics!

Guest DIRTgarage
Thanks mate :(

Well I guess I do hold high standards for myself. I love photography, and I know what I *can* do with a camera, but I just haven't had any time lately to go out shooting and keep in practice :unsure:

As such you forget how to properly judge exposure, white balance and what DOF to use to get the desired effect. This should all come instantly, as moments don't wait for you to fiddle with your settings, and this only comes with constant practice :)

Granted, it was a horrible day for photography, and WSID's layout is TORTURE as you're shooting straight into the sun all day except for a window of about an hour from 3pm-4pm when the sun softens and goes down :P

Anyway, thanks for the comments, glad you enjoyed the pics!

Merli....you were going so well until you spoiled it with the last pic.....lol

Must have been giving the eye to someone i was proving a point too

nice pics Andrew!

doughboy: I'm missing those danish's now LOL

mona: you have to show me how to do a burn out :lol:

OMG, I could MURDER a danish right now....................

.................... That's it. I'm going to get some lunch :unsure:

Guest DIRTgarage
OMG, I could MURDER a danish right now....................

.................... That's it. I'm going to get some lunch :unsure:

would love to have seen the look on my face when i looked in the back of doughy's van.....kid in a lolly shop!

Fatz, the R31 went well most of the day but as for the 32's and 33's having 4 times the power???? You are seriously playing with your schlong.

Fark off to driftland and go spam a whore thread instead.

Merli, DOF @ WSID is a mongrel as everyone has a different idea of what should be seen in a WSID shot. Some of the pics were a little over-cooked though.

Apart from that, great.

Danish is good :unsure:

Guest DIRTgarage
Fatz, the R31 went well most of the day but as for the 32's and 33's having 4 times the power????  You are seriously playing with your schlong.

Fark off to driftland and go spam a whore thread instead.

Merli, DOF @ WSID is a mongrel as everyone has a different idea of what should be seen in a WSID shot.  Some of the pics were a little over-cooked though.

Apart from that, great.

Danish is good :unsure:

The burnout pic of your car where you can see the whole length of the strip is gold!!

BTW isn't it time you changed your sig.

Some of the pics were a little over-cooked though.

*SOME* of them? About 70% of them were WAY overexposed, and the remaining 30% were way UNDERexposed. Photoshop saved quite a few photos, and they were still pretty crap. There were even several that were out of focus :unsure::P

As I said, I suck hs.gif