SAU Community

*OFFICIAL* SAUNSW Drag Day Wrap-Up - Times and Pics!

NXTIME

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7heavn: Why don't you have the R32 anymore?

Brad: What's with the OMG? It's not like you haven't seen a huge burnout pic of the 200 :rolleyes:

Adam: What was JETT's mph?

Definitely can't wait for the next one. The rotor guys are also pleased with the day and are eager for another day.

yeah i did!!!  they are so intimidating with their burble!!!!!  own and be owned i say! :rolleyes:

sorry for the newbie Question.

ill delete this,but what do you mean by 'own' n owned'

forall those interested,

JETT got towed straight to workshop with potential spun bearing,

1st run) was 11.1 @ 129mph without gas and 7000 rpm launch

2nd run) was 8500rpm launch with gas engaged but forgot to put it back into 4wd from rwd burnout, think maybe did some damage there bouncing off the limiter in 3 gears

3rd run) everything was ready but after burnout heard a knocking so limped it down the track for a 28second pass, my new personal best,

So now jett is at workshop getting rebuild and selling with new internals, if anyone interested in buying after reuild let me know, price will be reasnable.

Jett did at least one 11.1 before breaking.

I just couldn't get proper smoke happening or good launches.  Crap 60 footers and no smoke burnouts don't make for good pics I guess.

I told you mate, you have to step on the brake to stop the car moving forward to do a burnout. You can't just step on the gas and hope it stays in one spot.

We should get Adrian to give SAU'ers lessons on how to do burnouts, because considering that you were told in no uncertain terms that you could burn the entire length of the track if you felt the need, 99% of the burnouts done by SAU'ers left a lot to be desired :chairshot :bonk:

Guest DIRTgarage
That's a bloody awesome time - congrats to all involved with the car.

I actually had one run against you and I felt like I was standing still when you passed me half way down the quarter. I have to say that I now have an even greater appreciation of the raw speed of a legitimate 10sec car. That thing is a machine :rolleyes:

Thanks brendan.......i was thinking as i was roaring past, how bloody good would that sound, a 10 sec car screaming past at full noise.......i think awesome summed it up.

A huge thanks goes to our tuner Jim Souvas, who took time out from being with his family to attend....also a big thanks to Tom Miyamae our suspension expert. The boys from Croydon Racing Developments have helped in taking this car to the next level of performance....10.3 is a great achievement for what is essentially a home built car. Further development in key areas will hopefully see DIRT/CRD with an RH9, 2530 powered GTR.

I told you mate, you have to step on the brake to stop the car moving forward to do a burnout. You can't just step on the gas and hope it stays in one spot.

We should get Adrian to give SAU'ers lessons on how to do burnouts, because considering that you were told in no uncertain terms that you could burn the entire length of the track if you felt the need, 99% of the burnouts done by SAU'ers left a lot to be desired :chairshot :bonk:

i sat on it heaps of times merli !!

but just not alot smoke! gotta be the tyres, i left the day with the same amount of tread i started with.

does the beemer sit on the brake?

also wouldnt mind seeing your pics from the day!

does the beemer sit on the brake?

Nope... Those 19" Pirellis are waaaaaaay too expensive to abuse like that :rolleyes:

Someone donate an R32 GTR for me to play with :uh-huh: :uh-huh:

Hey Andrew, where are your pics.... i would be certain you got some awesome pics you could share with us all :rolleyes::D

here is a small vid of the 200 if anyone is interested.... you can faintly here Merli telling Andrea "now thats how you do a burnout!!!!!" hehehe

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ferry/videos/...x_rb26_11.8.wmv

I hope that works by right clicking on it...

I think I'm going to have to find a carpark to practice in :O

I think I'll have to do the same thing next time. I've never really attempted 'burnouts' in the Skyline before and was only getting the hang of it by the end of the day :D

So, are there anymore pics/vids from the day? Seemed like there were a heap of people taking pics at the track, but I haven't seen that many posted up as yet :O

Guest DIRTgarage
I think I'll have to do the same thing next time. I've never really attempted 'burnouts' in the Skyline before and was only getting the hang of it by the end of the day :O

So, are there anymore pics/vids from the day? Seemed like there were a heap of people taking pics at the track, but I haven't seen that many posted up as yet  :O

im gonna get some burnout training...cant stay off the limiter in 2nd...may have to try a 3rd gear burnout. Stood next to brad after his and his tyres sounded like flypaper....very sticky indeed!.

The quest for 9's

Car has 6 more psi to be dialed into it = more power. Have lined up a HKS ETC-EDA for more front drive, and have a spare transfer case to get modified to 12 clutch plates instead of 7. Didnt think i'd say this but "we will run 9's in this car"

your going to need a 4WD controller so you can make it a 2WD for the burnout Paul.... i dont know if its the right thing for a car such as yours, but a toggle switch would be ideal.... once its in 2WD the burnout will come really easy. I wouldnt suggest dumping it in 3rd as i think thats what has damaged the clutch in the 200 :O:( will find out soon enough though....

Once it gets more boost and a tune you will run 9's and it will be great to see it happen :O:) You just need to teach Stacey how to drive the car harder :D:)