SAU Community

.BATTLEFIELD 2. opinions

silver gts-t

have you got any other programs running in the background ?

check to make sure that there is nothing else using your bandwidth, like bit torrent or other file sharing programs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah nothing running. ahh well ill survive.

anyone got a high rank?

i have hardly played bf2 ...i played it so much on the demo that it wasn't funny..then stopped playing when i got the full version lol

i'll get back into it, but i just have to be in the mood...

what i found was that after updating with all the required patches etc, that the game was slightly jumpy in places...and considering my pc is more than up to par with the required specs, i think it might be something in the update...

Yeah it is bloody system resource hungry!!!!!!!!. Unfortunately dont have broadand so not much point plying over the net!!!!. Finished all the single player levels on expert though and have to say is the best first person shooter that i have ever played (so many options/vehicles/aircraftetc). Runs fine (smooth as) on the highest res i could get (1024) but do have gig o ram, and radeon 9800 card).

I can only imagine what it would be like multiplayer... Drool ..... Sppoooooofffff!!!!!.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is looking to upgrade, I can't recommend going SLi twin video cards. I had a Radeon 9800pro that ran most of the pre BF2 games really well, though the jump is extraordinary.. you can run ANY game in 1600 res and it's smooth not to mention the insane light rendering etc that takes use of direct X 9C it really makes a visual difference - definately warmer more realist graphics at speed. 2 x Geforce 6600GT's are the way to go for bang for buck

Edited by CONRAD

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone is looking to upgrade, I can't recommend going SLi twin video cards. I had a Radeon 9800pro that ran most of the pre BF2 games really well, though the jump is extraordinary.. you can run ANY game in 1600 res and it's smooth not to mention the insane light rendering etc that takes use of direct X 9C it really makes a visual difference - definately warmer more realist graphics at speed. 2 x Geforce 6600GT's are the way to go for bang for buck

HOLY JESUS!

1600 is one bitch ass high rez....

I've just got a new comp which the bottle neck of the system is the vid card.....

3.4 Duel Core, 1G Ram, BUT a shitty ass PCIe X300 :D

How much do the 6600GT's retail for? I might look into getting some!

I love it. One of the best games you can play on-line in my opinion. My brother was saying something about EA not irioning out all the bugs for video cards or something. His screen goes black if he plays it on-line for too long. Still an awsome game though.

only certain cards can play the game, but there are patches around to make others work....

but from the screenshots ive seen of people doing that, the detail is so low that it ruins the game

Agreed. But what are the video cards that will play the game constantly, ones that you dont need crappy EA patches

are you refering to the 9800 running at 1600 res?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem with like <50ms pings..

It just seemed to go away...

But everytime i the round finishes, as in my side wins or the other side wins it flashes on the screen for like 4 seconds there is a problem with your connection and then the loading music comes and its fine....

• 4 weeks later...

I play BF2 all the time , have a rank of Master Sergent. Also dont seem to find much problems running the game on my Computer, 2gig ram AMDx64bit . 256mb 6800, usual crap.

You can also edit the intro movies out so you can go direct to the account screen and save about 450mbs of movie.

Gotta love the Jets huh :D Dont Shoot me to much if any one sees me in any servers.

Silver , Also your problem could be from the server itself, It happens to me allot (optus dsl) , i dont think its your problem but if it is id check your settings over and make sure u have most apps. closed when running BF2 (using cntrl ,alt del. and shutting down some (username) apps (not the system ones :D )