SAU Community

.BATTLEFIELD 2. opinions

silver gts-t

OMFG!! i played it at my mates, and im considering to sell my car just to get a beast comp to play it, i remember back in the olds days of desert combat...talk about addiction.

that soon ended when i bought my car, the comp just slowly AGED away.

btw how much is the "best" system these days that would run any game perfectly and woudnt be outdated in 2 years?

just wanted to know how much it would set me back for a nice comp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just about every computer part would be outdated in 2 years

i upgraded my system a little while b4 bf2 came out, i got a new CPU, motherboard, video card etc

my video card was about $800. so thats where you'll need to spend the money for games....then there's RAM n stuff

mate just built a gaming rig...

19inch hi frame rate LCD

Gigabyte SLI Royal Mobo

3.8ghz CPU with 2MB cahce

1 terabyte of HDD

3GB DDR2 RAM

PCIX 256MB ASUS Extreme GFX Card

Runs like a dream... CoD2 is 10x better graphically then BF2. He playes that more... its what he built the machine for

while i settle for playing them both on my PS2 lol

i have 5.4TB in one sever... 500GB in my gamer... Another 500GB spread across my servers on my network. :(

The 5.4TB box has one array which is 5.4TB, it currently has 3.2TB free. So, theres your answer. I need that much space...

honestly... who needs that much hdd space?

pirates :)

at my last work one of the graveyard shift guys has 3 servers setup...each with around 3TB each.... each pretty much full. He also has one bedroom filled with boxes of CDs and DVDs, mostly burnt with stuff on them to clean out his servers and the others blanks.

thats a bit over the top but its great if u ever need a TV series or DVD or game :(

• 2 months later...

I got onto BF2 last month, played a little but not much - name is MajorTangles

If you see me say g'day, I traverse DOD:source a fair bit as a clan member, named goon >> Tangles.

After I tried DOD:s, I went out & forked out $2k for a beast of a PC box, with a 7800gtx and all! LOL

i played this heaps at my mates were in a clan and all but he left now and i dont have broadband at home to play it so i have to wait till i can get a better connection but i think its an awesome game except they need to fix a fair few bugs in it still. Euro forces is coming out sometime in the future

• 3 weeks later...

Yer im fine with 1gb as well. That said i do have a amd 3500 and an x800 pro, which helps.

Im soundy and i paly exclusively on internode servers. we should get a register going.

Ive got few hours in since last year so im now a master seargent. My problem is that there are ppl out there who at captains and such and are just morons. U can tell they just play alot but still have no idea about teamwork and etiquette. Drive off with jeep with one person attack helli singles stufff like that. Some ppl are just idiots.

Got a joystick so im a pretty damn good pilot now. Hard to get point in attack chopper though when your guner is moron and has their veiwing distance set at 20ft or so. Not liek cs where u can just go solo.