SAU Community

Looking For A Workshop

Parag0n

Looking for a decent workshop in the Brisbane / Gold Coast area to do some work on my GT-R, standard stuff no fabrication required - turbos, fuel system etc, tuning power FC etc...

Anyone have any recommendations, so far I have gavin woods down, just looking for a few more options.

There's Mercury Motorsport in Newstead, they aslo have a 4wd dyno onsite and if you are a member of the SAu QLD Club then you can get discounts.

i got Gav to give me a quote for power fc, avc-r, fmic, engine pipes, clutch, bov, service, synethic oils all round, everything installed and tuned and he said $1950.

i'll be going to him in the next 3 weeks, unless mercury turns out cheaper

Matty can't actually install the gear though. Best tuner in the world and can do some mechanical stuff with his limited tool set.

Gav sometimes utilises Matty Spry on the tuning side of things as well. As always, my suggestion would be Gavin Woods, but hey, have I ever said anything different? :D

I'm on my way down there today to get another 5k service (two in the space of wo weeks!) and to get my new clutch fitted :P

Well after ringing Mercury Motorsport yesterday i have decided to go for them to do all my work.

They are pretty much the same price as Gav, but SAU members get 10% off! :lol:

Plus i dont haev to drive all teh way down to round Southport just to get it done, now its only a 20 min drive down the road...

Now what could have caused you needing a new clutch nismogirl? a bit of smokies perhaps? :unsure:

i got Gav to give me a quote for power fc, avc-r, fmic, engine pipes, clutch, bov, service, synethic oils all round, everything installed and tuned and he said $1950.

i'll be going to him in the next 3 weeks, unless mercury turns out cheaper

I am guessing this is an estimate only, for fitment, tuning and service, you are supplying how much of the above???

Well after ringing Mercury Motorsport yesterday i have decided to go for them to do all my work.

They are pretty much the same price as Gav, but SAU members get 10% off! :lol:

Plus i dont haev to drive all teh way down to round Southport just to get it done, now its only a 20 min drive down the road...

Now what could have caused you needing a new clutch nismogirl? a bit of smokies perhaps?  ;)

Just a reminder that you have to be an SAu CLUB member of sau to get the discounts at Mercury Motorsport and other club sponsors, not just a member of the forum. Just clarifying that as it's a mistake made by a lot of people.

I can't do smokies sorry... More like hard launches at willowbank.

I got my last tune at Gav, and he has seem to iron out the minor fuelling issues, I would go back there with no problems. He comes accross as a genuine decent person with a fair knowledge on skylines, I've found in the past. Performance shop make some rediculous claim and belly flop on delivery. I must have to admit, that I would be one of, if not the pickiest prick on the planet. When it comes to modifying skylines, there isn't much that i haven't touch on, and cost would be the last consideration if you are getting things done. The last thing you want to see is that, you might save a few hundred dollars now and have to pull the motor out in 3 months times, and then it hard to make any shop be accountable for their works by then. One rule of thumb, there is NO waranty on and performance mods from any shop disregard what they shovel at you.

Just a reminder that you have to be an SAu CLUB member of sau to get the discounts at Mercury Motorsport and other club sponsors, not just a member of the forum. Just clarifying that as it's a mistake made by a lot of people.

I can't do smokies sorry... More like hard launches at willowbank.

I am waiting for one of the presidents or similar to get back to me, because i sent my application AND paid my money bout 1 month ago...dont suppose you could help?

also i have pm'd dirk twice now, no respnse :)