SAU Community

Sau Track Day Wakefield Park September 11

Abo Bob

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes sense. Sounded like it was running quite well. Hard not to hear it... The little club car that burried it self at the end of the main straight dumped sand all over the track when it came back on.

I was down there with a mate in the black GTS-T with the front mount and the bar missing. Showed up in shorts and shirt, spent most the day watching from the car.

Are you still looking for a worker Bob? I just moved home from the snow and I am yet to find work.

Got to love the golburn wind.

MADGTR, saw you all crossed up at corner one a few times with the rear end hanging out. I thought to my self that your tyres must have been shit house. I would hate to pay for a decent set of tyres to suit those rims.

Would have been nice to see a rwd skyline or the 180SX out for the drift session. That big hp RX4 with the red P plate driver was just plain scary..

A suspension up grade would go a long way on a car like that. The guy driving the maron VP Commodore looked like he was having a ball hanging the tail out on the exit of most corners.

Any one know any thing about the filming that was been done of the old ford capri with the big port rotar in it?  Was it getting a shake down or some thing? The driver seemed to be circulating below it's capacity for the first half of the day.

Yeah I will have to spend a penny or two go wrap some decent 285 30's around the 18 x 11 rims. I have about 10,000 20,000 Km left in the tyres so should have some new ones after xmas.

Would have been nice to see a rwd skyline or the 180SX out for the drift session. That big hp RX4 with the red P plate driver was just plain scary..

A suspension up grade would go a long way on a car like that. The guy driving the maron VP Commodore looked like he was having a ball hanging the tail out on the exit of most corners.

:lol: Shoulda jumped in for a few laps, I was too busy laughing to be scared.

That makes sense. Sounded like it was running quite well. Hard not to hear it... The little club car that burried it self at the end of the main straight dumped sand all over the track when it came back on.

I was down there with a mate in the black GTS-T with the front mount and the bar missing. Showed up in shorts and shirt, spent most the day watching from the car.

Are you still looking for a worker Bob? I just moved home from the snow and I am yet to find work.

I saw your car up on the hill a couple of times it looked nice, you should have come down and said hello.

Im still so pumped from the day :(

Any one know any thing about the filming that was been done of the old ford capri with the big port rotar in it?  Was it getting a shake down or some thing? The driver seemed to be circulating below it's capacity for the first half of the day.

Yep,,,He's doing a doco on motorsport and the like. Actually he thinks I'd make a great movie star.

Neil.

Was an awesome day guys i didnt meet many of you though apart from flaps, i was kinda all over the place being first time and was with my gf and a mate.

I got there heaps early like 7,didnt notice any skylines till about 8:30 i was freaking out going shit its just me with all these rotarys everywhere lol. Most of the rotary guys i talked to were heaps kewl especially brad and neil they helped me out with everything.The day was run really well.

I couldnt believe how slippery the track was in the morning!! i came off on the 2nd lap around turn 3 i think and when it happaned i was like shhiittt i wonder if ive damaged anything! coz all i saw was grass and dirt flying everywhere..dont need to mention the car needs a thorough wash underneath! but yeah the day was really fun and i learnt ALOT about my car! it was really annoying having stock seats though! definate next mod as i had to change my position alot to fit in with the helmet pressed up again the roof lol plus i was being thrown aorund everywhere around corners making it impossible to concentrate on steering and pedal control as i was bracing myself with my elbows and knees heh

I had my last run before the drifting started because my tyres were just gooonneee lol the understeering was getting ridiculous in the end not to mention the rear was jsut coming out everytime i put the boot in! they are my street tyres so i didnt want to completely destroy them =[ next time ill bring along some cheap tyres to put on my stock rims and see if i can have a go at the drifting i think!

I saw your car up on the hill a couple of times it looked nice, you should have come down and said hello.

Im still so pumped from the day  :D

Had a look at your car in the pits. where did you find the metal L bend that goes between your air filter and your AFM? standard RB20 turbocharger on your car?

What ever happaned to the 321GO R32? I think the guy worked unique autosports.

rrrr,,,I've owned it about 8 months. Its basically a very well built car and handles beautifully.

The previous owner treated her poorly so its been a long process fixing all his stuff ups.

Here's a short list of repairs (just for a laugh)

1/ Engine rebuild

2/ All calipers overhauled and fixed 8 seized bleeders

3/ Replaced wiring

4/ replaced kill switches

5/ Fixed stuffed wheel studs

and all the usual stuff,wheel bearings,stripped bolts,broken studs ect.

It's all good fun though,,,I like work on cars.

Neil.

Had a look at your car in the pits. where did you find the metal L bend that goes between your air filter and your AFM? standard RB20 turbocharger on your car?

What ever happaned to the 321GO R32? I think the guy worked unique autosports.

The metal L bend came with the car when i bought it. Previous owner was on here "Nissky", pm him he should reply.

I have a R34 GTT turbo fitted. I was only running 9-10psi all day. Looking back now i wish i followed Abo bob's advice and turned her up for that last session. Combination of 3rd gear lag, poo tyres and poo driving gave me poo times. But im still happy, had a blast.

Were you walking around with an older guy during the day? He took a few pics of my car i think

The metal L bend came with the car when i bought it. Previous owner was on here "Nissky", pm him he should reply.

I have a R34 GTT turbo fitted. I was only running 9-10psi all day. Looking back now i wish i followed Abo bob's advice and turned her up for that last session. Combination of 3rd gear lag, poo tyres and poo driving gave me poo times. But im still happy, had a blast.

Were you walking around with an older guy during the day? He took a few pics of my car i think

No. That was not me. I was the blonde chic with big tit's and a hot arse :P

Nar, I spent most of the time I was there in the warmth a car.

Is the 34 turbo much slower to come on to boost?

Here are the official times re-typed by brad as they were in excel format.

Brad S6 RX7 1.08.78

Andrew S2 RX7 1.09.08

Alan IPRA RX7 1.09.29

Mike S8 RX7 1.09.56

Mike S4 20B 1.09.77

Greg EVO 1.11.00

Neil Sports Sedan 1.11.06

Christian RX3 1.11.28

Sandy S7 RX7 1.12.01 (not Sandy driving )

Ryan Clubman 1.12.05

Dave 323 Wagon 1.12.40

Adriano RX3 1.12.41

Adam R34 1.12.45

Paul R34 GTR 1.12.97

Nick S1 RX7 1.14.35

George RX2 1.14.49

Heath RX3 1.14.70

Neil SP RX7 1.15.19

Rod RX8 1.15.28

Nathan S1 RX7 1.15.52

Laurie S8 RX7 1.15.69

Sunny RX4 1.15.79

Damon Mini Cooper S 1.15.93

Adam S1 RX7 1.16.59

Len RX8 1.17.06

Greg S7 RX7 1.17.52

David Datsun 1600 1.17.86

Robert Datsun 1600 1.18.15

Rhy S7 RX7 1.18.25

Andrew RX3 1.18.78

Chris XR6 Ute 1.18.88

Adam Commodore 1.19.12

Dick MX5 1.19.36

David RX8 1.19.45

Dominic Valiant pacer 1.19.88

Steven Sluga Datsun 350Z 1.19.88

Mark Pulsar 1.20.27

Fred RX4 1.20.33

Danny R33 1.20.35

Nick HB929 1.21.06

Craig S4 RX7 1.21.47

Sean R33 1.22.28

Peter R33 1.23.28

Jonathon VR4 1.24.91

Toby S1 RX7 1.26.69

Ricky 180SX 1.32.93

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• So, as it turns out, a new wire was the answer I went for, but getting there was not straightforward... Firstly, I'd been told before by shops that had worked on the car that it had some weird factory wiring, and I can now confirm that is true in at least a couple of places. For example....that very purple/white wire that provides IGN power to ECU pin 31.....I traced it out of the ECU loom into a connector high on the nav's A pillar under the dash, where it headed up and out of site across the dash, then back down at driver's A pillar. After trying about 8 different relays I found it coming into the back of the fuse box, and confirmed it was the same wire with a multimeter* (more to follow on that.... So, which fuse is the ECU IGN power connected to in my car?  Very top right, labelled IGN (good), 10A (good), Auto Trans Control (WTF?). It's not impossible it has been f**ked with before, but if so someone removed the pins from the back of the fuse box and moved it somewhere else, noting an AT control fuse would be functionally useless as the car was auto converted to manual long ago. It is not simply a wire cut and joined to the wrong place, both ends of the wire are the same colour just one is in the wrong location (you can see there is an IGN Engine Control fuse in the bottom row 4th from the right. Note, that is the fuse box sticker from my actual car, so either I have the wrong coin holder sticker, someone f**ked with it post factory, or factory sticker does not match the wiring.....whichever option it is just plain weird. Undermining the likelihood of someone having gone to that trouble to move a power feed when everything else in the loom had already been butchered....the fuse next to it IGN 7.5a ABS doesn't even have a wire running to it....so no idea where that fuse is on this car. All strange. But not the problem with my ECU power.
    • New tank clean paint and install complete 🤙
    • I have heard the frenchys kit (with the smaller toyota compressor) performs fantastic. i havent actually gassed my system yet, so cant confirm myself..
    • https://www.efisolutions.com.au/injector-lower-manifold-collars-adapters-r33-a32-y?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjpXb2aLaiAMVYcA8Ah1zkg6JEAQYASABEgJzG_D_BwE
    • correct Ive moved to a r33 oem ball joint - they are actually thicker than alot of the after market and similar