SAU Community

Year 11/12 Subjects

ChaserV

From what i can remember....

intro calc was shit as! wayyy too broad and has pretty much nothing to do with AM, but AM is well worth doing so do ic. Physics was good, chem didnt do, econs the same and english ...well, need i say anything but pointless!

Hey eveyone,

I've just been choosing my subjects and was seeing what your experiences where with Intro Calc, Physics, Chem, Econs & English in year 11/12.

Just trying to get a feel for what they involve etc.

Cheers,

Charlie

Hey eveyone,

I've just been choosing my subjects and was seeing what your experiences where with Intro Calc, Physics, Chem, Econs & English in year 11/12.

Cheers,

Charlie

hey Charlie,

I did Chem, Physics, Econs, English, Intro Calc and Gnt in yr11 and

Physics, Econs, English, Disc Maths, Applica Maths.

All depends what you want to do after you finish year 12, i think its best to keep your options opens.

Physics i didnt find that hard

Econs Was pretty piss easy

English, meh i didnt like it :)

Chem, meh i never study so i got like 45% in yr11, so drop it in yr12 (just study and you will be fine, i didnt so failed)

Intro Calcu, yeah wasnt too bad, just do your homework and you should be right

Remember enjoy yr11 and 12, they are some of the best years of your life, once you out of highschool, the world becomes all different :)

Rofl :)

Cheers Michael

Consider doing history over economics. History is a lot more interesting and easier than economics. I'm speaking on opinons from several of my mates who did both economics and history...

economics is great .. helps you understand the economy and i found it very interesting.. i also found it easy i got around 80% for it..

i also did calc, applicable, englsih, physics and info sys

if ur going for engineering physics is a must as in calc.. i found calc easier than applicable also

I didnt do year 12, and only 1/2 of year 11. So i cant help you with which subjects will suck and which ones dont. But as i can rember from before that, I liked some subjects that others did not, so why you asking?

Anyways, im going to tell you what i told my younger sister (she did not listen though... but she usually doesnt)...

First off, find out what subjects you have to do for the career you want. If you have not decided what you want to do, ask your career adviser what subjects you can do that will get you into most tafe or uni courses. Then, thats what you do. You may as well drop out of high school if you just want to do subjects because they sound fun or you like. Throw in a few that you like to keep you motivated and balance that with the ones that dont sound so interesting.

Rember though, that there is always a back door into anything (pretty much). So if highschool doesnt work out for you, there are other ways. Like me, left in year 11, but im at uni. I preffered the road i took. But its an individual thing. Good luck.

Hey eveyone,

Cheers,

Charlie

I did Intro, G&T, Physics, English, Chinese and a nonTEE subject (and similar for yr 12, ie replace IC and GT with Applic and Calc) so i hit half your targets there, but that was 5 yrs ago. =/

IC is piss. Physics is pretty hard. I've never liked English but you have to pass it.

it all depends on your plans for after school.

but as someone said, really important to enjoy those two years, especially year 12. you will look back a few years later and realise how much your life has changed and it will never be like that again.

I did no TEE subjects in school, no extra study, I was always told I need to be good at maths to get a good job (well, failed yr12 maths) left school and got a great job in IT. 5 Years later it all turned out fine for me!

School sux.

TAKE my advice and do g&t and intro, since yr 12 is all that matters and i found that calc was WAYYYYYY easier than applic, i wish i had done calc. revised yr 12 clac in 2 weeks for uni.

econs is easy if u understand things and have a wholistic approach, physics f**ked me over as well as chem but those subjects requires study which i didnt do :)

gluck for ur studies dude