SAU Community

Drift Day At Collie An Alternative

Steve

There are a few spots left for the drift comp at wanneroo 30 sept, they will be having a practice this friday, 5 hours on the track for only $40!

then the comp itself, $100. So all in all, 2 track days for $140 - not bad at all.

If you are intested, give Benara Rd Autos a call on 0414 990 254 to reserve a spot, but be quick or you will miss out.

Edited by Steve

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no....

on that weekend i am volunteering for Targa WA!!! damn would have loved to be in it..... oh well there is next time... should be there for the Sept drift comp tho...

great work!

masahiro

Put me down definately for sure. The event was originally booked out before was it not? Because I looked into this a couple of months back when it was first announced and could not find a spot because it was booked out completely. If there is a spot available I am in.

PM sent

ah, given that the all fours and tenagah weekend just got postphoned again, and it was due to run on the 20th/21st of this month, i wouldn't get your hopes too high on it holding firm, that said, ill probably be keen for a couple of spots, if it all happens to plan

can i grab the exact address??

i wouldent mind coming down with a camera and takin some recordings if thats ok, i havent been to a drift event before, so what happens with them? do you bring your own car?

do you gotta pay for spectate?

This will be run in a similar way to the events I have been to in SA, ie all cars on the track, then let through one at a time to control space between drivers.

This will enable everyone to get a decent run, regardless of skill level and you dont have to worry about running in too close to the guy in front, nor some one running into you.

Good stuff, but bear in mind there will be ppl of different skill levels and those travelling faster will catch up the slower ppl, so from previous experience its best to sort ppl into groups according to skill. Otherwise you get those more so learning gettin pressure from behind and those who are more competant get pisd at being stuck at certain points where they can't overtake.

Other than that, should be good - as long as the track is ready. We've had numerous setbacks with the Tenagah drift day. Like Denver said, it was finally meant to be on the 21 August but it will be set back again.

-Lauren