SAU Community

Drift Day At Collie An Alternative

Steve

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the rain holds up tomorrow for them as it did today,

then they can lay the rest of the track(only back straight to old hairpin).

If it does rain then 10/11th is a no go :(

So hopefully tomorrow afternoon/friday morning they call back with some good news :(

If it is all good can you put my name down Steve :(

Jeez I hope its all done! Really looking forward to this!

Also, I know these things can be unpredictable, but I have to ask.. Am I likely to cause serious mechanical damage to my car by participating? I know these kinds of events place a lot of strain on components in the car, but I really wanna do this.. the car is in pretty good shape at the moment so I don't think it will..

what do you guys reckon?

Im still gunna participate regardless of opinion as I have been waiting for ages to get into the sport, but I would like to know what you all think..

Edited by Josh

Well if the rain holds up tomorrow for them as it did today,

then they can lay the rest of the track(only back straight to old hairpin).

If it does rain then 10/11th is a no go  :D

So hopefully tomorrow afternoon/friday morning they call back with some good news  :D

If it is all good can you put my name down Steve  :(

Quick! Everyone do an anti-rain dance *crank yothu-yindi and bust out some moves* :lol:

really hope the rain holds off ....sooooo looking forward to this

Also, I know these things can be unpredictable, but I have to ask.. Am I likely to cause serious mechanical damage to my car by participating? I know these kinds of events place a lot of strain on components in the car, but I really wanna do this.. the car is in pretty good shape at the moment so I don't think it will..

remove any low front spoiler or else it will get torn off!!!

Mechanical damage.

There are too many variables to say for sure, mods, power, how you drive etc. Having said that, I have never had a problem with either my skyline (which was puttind down over 300rwkw) or my sil, which is putting down alot less :huh:

As precaustion its always a good idea to make sure your car has had an oil change, and put in new spark plugs, make sure your radiator is topped up too. Dont overboost your car, use good fuel and you should be fine.

And if your car is slammed, and it has a big off you 'may' do some body kit damage.

If you just push your car enough that you feel comfortable with it, you shouldnt have too many dramas. Most big offs seem to happen when people start really nudging the envelope, that I have seen anyways

totally not cool...

how unprofessional is all this... and steve or Her32 im not blaming you guys..

but the collie tracks planned re-do was organised and spoken of along time ago..

you would think with events and plans made they would have rushed it and got it done in time..

ah well... :D