SAU Community

Titanium Exhaust System

As anyone here installed titanium exhaust systems, most preferably Cat back!!

Its worth about 200 bucks more than normal stainless or whateva, but is it really worth it??

Also maybe titanium for dump/front pipe, but im yet to find a twin split pipe in titanium..

BUt i wanna know your opinions and if anyone has installed one..

So basically i just need some feedback..

Ohh the car is for series 2 r33..

Thanks..

As anyone here installed titanium exhaust systems, most preferably Cat back!!

Its worth about 200 bucks more than normal stainless or whateva, but is it really worth it??

Also maybe titanium for dump/front pipe, but im yet to find a twin split pipe in titanium..

BUt i wanna know your opinions and if anyone has installed one..

So basically i just need some feedback..

Ohh the car is for series 2 r33..

Thanks..

i got a full exhaust on my r33 series 2, heres what i did and heres what i found. the jap brand exhaust and titanium dont mean much at all and probably just adds to the cost. your local exhaust shop can probably fit and supply a 3" exhaust for about $1100ish. should include a 3" hiflow cat. then you just need a suitable split dump pipe. batmbl can sell a 3" twin split dump pipe for $400 which connects to the cat. the exhaust place should be able to fit this for you and it should end up costing about $1400 total fitted for 3" twin split dump and 3" hiflow cat and exhaust.

most jap brands are $1300ish delivered then you have to fit it and then get a dump pipe as well. so all in all ask your local exhaust shop for a price to:

supply + fit 3" cat back system with hi flow cat

fit 3" split dump pipe to suit turbo flange and connects to cat

Titanium exhausts are overkill IMO and are only good for vehicles trying to attain an exhaust that can withstand massive amounts of heat (ie. in drag, track vehciles) and wish to lighten there car. It will only lighten it by about 2-5kg over stainless steel so I wouldn't bother.

Save your $200 and spend it on something else.

Titanium exhausts are overkill IMO and are only good for vehicles trying to attain an exhaust that can withstand massive amounts of heat (ie. in drag, track vehciles) and wish to lighten there car. It will only lighten it by about 2-5kg over stainless steel so I wouldn't bother.

Save your $200 and spend it on something else.

actually you'll find a mild steel / stainless steel exhaust will weigh in the region of 20+ kilos, whereas a titanium system will be in the region of 8 - 10...

thanks for the advice ppl..

Yea everyone is saying gettin titanium isnt worth it..

Heheh dont think my car is gonna be used for drags or anything.. So i gues S/S is the go..

Thanks once again..

Yup after hearin its not really worth it, the difference will be spent on something else much more useful..

So thanks once again for the advice..

This forum is great for findin out info.. love it.. ehehh..

Ok I know its not a Skyline but my CBR600 came with a titanium exhaust fitted from the previous owner (it cost $1000).

Main advantages to me:

1) It is extremley light weight and therfore enhances power/weight ratio and cornering.

2) It DOESN'T get hot AT ALL - which means I don't burn anything when I touch it.

I have a veilside teardrop titanium cat back exhaust for a R34 GTR weights 4.2 kg (standard GTR exhuast is 18kg) it is one of the lightest on the market it is around 3 1/2 inches has no resonator and is a one piece exhaust. Have heard one on a R33 GTR wasn't droney or overly loud they dont seem to be that well known amongst the skyline community but are the exhaust to have amongst alot of the supra boys in the US.

I have a veilside teardrop titanium cat back exhaust for a R34 GTR weights 4.2 kg (standard GTR exhuast is 18kg) it is one of the lightest on the market it is around 3 1/2 inches has no resonator and is a one piece exhaust. Have heard one on a R33 GTR wasn't droney or overly loud they dont seem to be that well known amongst the skyline community but are the exhaust to have amongst alot of the supra boys in the US.

Its not that the Vileside (whoops, bad habit ;)) teardrop exhausts aren't 'known', its that most of use aren't made of out gold. Even titanium exhausts from the less exclusive Japanese manufactures like Trust are expensive let alone those from companies like Vileside, Amuse, Fujitsubo or god forbid ARC.

Its a shame Rezz didn't continue his little commercial venture as he had access to some of the second tier companies that made titanium exhausts.

Its not that the Vileside (whoops, bad habit ;)) teardrop exhausts aren't 'known', its that most of use aren't made of out gold.  Even titanium exhausts from the less exclusive Japanese manufactures like Trust are expensive let alone those from companies like Vileside, Amuse, Fujitsubo or god forbid ARC.

Its a shame Rezz didn't continue his little commercial venture as he had access to some of the second tier companies that made titanium exhausts.

I payed $1150 for it delivered out of japan to sydney and about another $80 to get it up to townsville thats cheaper then most stainless systems