SAU Community

Wideband 02 Sensors

Baz

Has anyone had any previous use of an 02 wideband sensor installed on there car? Basically I am looking at the use of a wideband sensor in my quest to learn how to tune cars myself and the use of one of these would be an optimal way of doing so without the need for a workshop/dyno.

Can the O2 sensor be setup to allow the ECU to still recieve information to allow it to still operate in open loop function? Or will it have to be disconnected once monitoring the A/F ratio to the origanal sensor?

I'm basically looking for an O2 sensor which can log A/F depending on RPM rather than just display the reading, so I can then tune the fuel/air maps after logging the data. I am guessing this would be achieveable at a cheaper price by hooking it up to a laptop to log data.

Also I am looking at the option of replacing my ECU soon with an aftermarket one and I believe some support the use of wideband O2 sensors but am unsure which ones do.

I'm relatively new to how wideband O2 sensors work so all information and experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I have a Innovate Motorsports LM-1 installed in my car. It has logging and with the analogue breakout box, it can log 4 channels of data including RPM and whatnot against AFR. It has around 40 minutes worth of logging and you can download the data to a laptop later via RS-232 with the included software. With the inputs, you can even make up a table with TPS VS AFR VS RPM for a grid display. Also the forum support for the LM-1 is second to none. www.innovatemotorsports.com

I had the extra bung installed into my dump pipe so that the stock ECU still uses the original O2 sensor. If you insist in replacing the stock O2 sensor with the wideband, the LM-1 can simulate a narrowband output to keep the stockie ECU happy.

Only a handful of ECUs support wideband input, and I dont think the LM1 can actually interface with any of those.

I have a Innovate Motorsports LM-1 installed in my car. It has logging and with the analogue breakout box, it can log 4 channels of data including RPM and whatnot against AFR. It has  around 40 minutes worth of logging and you can download the data to a laptop later via RS-232 with the included software. With the inputs, you can even make up a table with TPS VS AFR VS RPM for a grid display. Also the forum support for the LM-1 is second to none. www.innovatemotorsports.com

I had the extra bung installed into my dump pipe so that the stock ECU still uses the original O2 sensor. If you insist in replacing the stock O2 sensor with the wideband, the LM-1 can simulate a narrowband output to keep the stockie ECU happy.

Only a handful of ECUs support wideband input, and I dont think the LM1 can actually interface with any of those.

The LM1 talks very nicely to the Autronic ECU, and enables self tune as well. :(

I bought it from the website. I cant remember off the top of my head what it cost, but 3 day shipping was about 60USD so add that on top of 429USD for the unit + analogue input box and thats how much it was.

I bought a wbo2 sensor from www.zeitronix.com great little unit very accurate, but I didn't buy an LCD output screen so it only works with a lap top.

The zeitronix logger has many input options, like TPS, MAP, RPM, AFR, Exhaust gas temp, and any signal between 0 and 5V.

Would've be way better if I'd shelled out for the LCD screen aswell.

I bought a wbo2 sensor from www.zeitronix.com great little unit very accurate, but I didn't buy an LCD output screen so it only works with a lap top. 

The zeitronix logger has many input options, like TPS, MAP, RPM, AFR, Exhaust gas temp, and any signal between 0 and 5V.

Would've be way better if I'd shelled out for the LCD screen aswell.

I agree the www.zeitronix.com a/f ratio meter rocks :)

Helped e out something cronic.