SAU Community

Police & Hoons!

satanic

I have also had a 4wheel drive overtake me on a speed hump in St Ives last week. I was going over it at about 10km/h and on a slight angle when a Land Cruiser went past me doing about 40km/h on my right. Scared the bejesus outa me. If anyone knows Memorial Ave St Ives. It was up the end outside the primary school and Toolang Ave.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I know the area..

It's rediculous that you can't park your car out somewhere without fear of someone ripping shit off it or jacking the wheels or anything..

I wonder why I park it where I can usually see it or know that it won't get touched - e.g. locked in my damn garage..

another thing - people in my apartment block give me THE dirtiest looks when I take my time going out of the driveway and they're waiting to get in. it's like I don't have a right to take my time otherwise I will completely **** my front bar.. and it's completely stock with stock suspension.. oh that and f**kers park with the rear 1/3rd over the end of my driveway.. the end I need to aim towards to get out without scraping.. WANKERS!!..

ahh love a good rant and rave..

oh that and f**kers park with the rear 1/3rd over the end of my driveway.. the end I need to aim towards to get out without scraping.. WANKERS!!..

I hate that. I had to have my car raised to get into/out of my driveway (car was 6cm high at the bottom of the front bar when it came into Aust) and I still need to take it on a mega angle. When someone parks a little infront of my driveway I cant get in because I have to just about have my wheels against the gutter before I tackel it.

Oh and people in carparks who wait for people by sitting on the side of a speed hump. If its a mega mountain speed hump like the one outside St Ives Maccas in the car park I have to take it on a angle or I will destroy my front bar. People just park their cars on the right side of it and go and get Macca's. I have gotten to the point I just sit on my horn.

hey

good to hear u guys got home safe tho =)

always idiots on the road.. jealous of a car better than theirs

Thanks Eric...

Well if they are jealous of the vehicle, then I think they should simply stop causing accidents and wasting money paying both court fees, bail money and insurance premiums - maybe then they'll drive something decent (then they'll know what we're talking about here)

I have also had a 4wheel drive overtake me on a speed hump in St Ives last week. I was going over it at about 10km/h and on a slight angle when a Land Cruiser went past me doing about 40km/h on my right. Scared the bejesus outa me. If anyone knows Memorial Ave St Ives. It was up the end outside the primary school and Toolang Ave.

Oh yes, got to love those 4WDs! For some reason, both men and women of decent ages behind those things love to play with their lights (like they just discovered they had headlights on the f**king car). They like to drive up as close to your ass as possible and beam your lowered car... even if it's stock, it's like night becomes day!

Oh well, as they say: those who drive big 4WD are simply boosting their confidence to make up for something they obviously lack!

another thing - people in my apartment block give me THE dirtiest looks when I take my time going out of the driveway and they're waiting to get in. it's like I don't have a right to take my time otherwise I will completely **** my front bar.. and it's completely stock with stock suspension.. oh that and f**kers park with the rear 1/3rd over the end of my driveway.. the end I need to aim towards to get out without scraping.. WANKERS!!..

ahh love a good rant and rave..

Similar problem, those who have read my Driveway Problems thread will know... At least you can get out of your driveway without the aid of ramps!

It takes me about 15 mins to get out of my driveway...

1) place ramps down

2) slowly back out car

3) park car by kerb

4) put ramps back

5) drive off

I've had dicks sit there while i'm doing this and honking non stop... all for the 30secs it takes me to come out of the driveway and perform a 3 point turn! Saying that, I usually just take my sweet time and let them wait. :unsure:

Where's the sense in that?

Oh I was on the M5 going from the airport to king georges rd on tuesday and was overtaking a semi when....... wait for it...... a bloody smart car doing over a hundred through the tunnels came up behind me about 1m off my tail and started flashing its high beams. I over took the semi and moved over and the smart car took off again. I remember seeing a sign saying something about speed cameras being in the tunnel before I entered it :unsure:

I could soooo put up dozens of incidents where skyline/P plate induced stupidity/jealously has occurred. Keep em coming :lol:

On that note Fraser... if only I had a part time job as a police officer ~ oh the commission I would get :unsure:

Maybe they could even sponsor me with a radar kit!

I had a 4wd incident on the day I got my car. I purchased my car from Autostyle and was driving home. I live in St Ives so I go up King Georges Rd, past Homebush under the Pacific highway, it becomes Mona Vale Rd and I follow it all the way to St Ives. I was going under the Pacific Highway in the left of two lanes. Now just past the under bridge heading towards St Ives a 3rd lane starts on the left which is the down ramp from the highway. A driver of a 4wd coming down the down ramp from the highway didn’t even look and without indicating started to change lanes. His wheels would have come within about 5cm of my door before I saw what was going on. I looked right of me and saw no one was there and swerved into the far right lane. If someone was there I would have been rooted. I jumped on my horn and the driver with his whole family in the car let go of the wheel and almost lost control swerving back into his lane and nearly running up the gutter.

Hahahaha.. ahhh I love it.. so many annoying things about owning this car.. it's great!

it's all worth it though.. until I pull up at a petrol station.. ouch..

Notice the entrance to a petrol station is ok but the exit is always f**ked. I always seem to go out the way I came in :lol:

Try having rock hard suspension and entering servos at an angle...  the whole car seems to pick istelf up! :P

Entering is fine for me. It’s getting out. My front bar noses into the ground if I don’t take an angle. Speed humps are ok normally. Its driveways of any kind. I start to cringe now even before I hear the scraping sound :unsure:

I get shitty when w@nkers weave in and out of traffic and think they're "racing". From P-platers to company cars, it's all the same. Sitting behind someone 1mm in between doesn't get you anywhere faster. It only provides for a spectacular head to tail shunt and a bruised ego.

yes its annoying when you see idiots tailgate like that and then scream past you only tailgate the next person weave past him and then in and out of the next few cars...complete idiots.

Funny thing is that you end up stopping next to him/her at the next set of traffic lights...

Next time you have the police following you, just pull in to the next servo or McDonalds/whatever. Either it will force them to do something or they will piss off. It can be a bit of a hassle but I'd rather waste 2 minutes than have to drive with 1 and 1/2 eyes on the speedo.