SAU Community

Police Do Read Forums. Be Careful!

ix9

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know and prove some of you wrong that the police do surf internet forums. Our RICE forums have recently been posted on by a Police Officer basically telling us off for sharing "boy-racer" stories.

Here's a link for you guys, and just watch out in the future and be careful what you say in your posts. http://www.rice.asn.au/vb/showthread.php?t=1229

Cheers,

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to free speech? There is no way that prosecution can come from some internet nerd (such as myself) telling random stories.

It's like them chasing me down for saying "I was smoking a bomber joint, whilst planning a terroist attack and driving my car backwards the wrong way down a one way street doing 180km/hr in a school zone at 3:30pm." As if....

Sad that the police force deem it necessary to actually spend time looking at this rather than being out there and catching the real wrong doers like thieves, rapists and murderers.

Sounds like ACA is running the state..

/rant

the police can not do a thing. even they need proof. unless we say 'go to the galleria and do donuts all night' and give a time and day. then they can do something ie watch us in the process. writing on a forum is not eveidence, its free speech.

thats why i hate the police so much.

do you think they will knock on my door because i post that installed a 2wd switch on my gtr so i can light them up at will?

of course not .but i did do it for that reason.....

kermit

have a think about this guys,

You have to scrape up the remains of men, women and children for a living (my brother in law has had to do this, it had a devestating effect on him)

You here bragging by d1ckheads about their exploits in their sick rides.

Alot of these people come together on a forum and brag their little hearts out.

Now we all know that alot of the talk on these forums is just talk, but not all of it - and there are those that read it and think its pretty cool (admittedly, anyone who thinks its cool is probably a 17yo with a old POS) they then emulate the stories resulting in more innocent people that do get killed.

My brother in law once told me, that he as a cop, feels he is doing his job if he 'prevents any dickhead from upsetting or hurting those around just trying to have a good time.'

Writing war stories on a forum, although not illegal (as its just that, writing a story) will influence the way people who are associated with the forum are perceived.

We could end up with a situation in Perth where just publishing a picture of your car, and it looks modified, will result in it being brought in for a full inspection - just as they do over east (SA), or, could result in standard instructinos to 'defect anything if you are not sure about whether its been modified or not' just as they do in SA.

We have it pretty damn good over here, lets try our best, as car enthusiasts, to keep it that way be acting responsibly whenever we are on public display, that includes forums.

Hoon laws were introduced because of the public exposure of a minority of road users, and sensationalist media exposure of them - so dont think that stories dont or wont influence the police or any other members of the community.

god I rant on ;) , as already mentioned, forums like SAU are very well moderated, and the d1ckheads normally dont waste their (and our) time here.

What happened to free speech? There is no way that prosecution can come from some internet nerd (such as myself) telling random stories.

It's like them chasing me down for saying "I was smoking a bomber joint, whilst planning a terroist attack and driving my car backwards the wrong way down a one way street doing 180km/hr in a school zone at 3:30pm." As if....

Sad that the police force deem it necessary to actually spend time looking at this rather than being out there and catching the real wrong doers like thieves, rapists and murderers.

Sounds like ACA is running the state..

/rant

Why is I agree with most of your opinions??? Great minds think alike, or something like that. ;)

I couldn't agree more with the last comment. My uncle is a cop in Qld, I have been meaning to talk to him about the general opinion of their views, just haven't got around to it. IMO if you have done something wrong you deserve the hassle, but "random" vehicle checks that usually end up with a yellow are the things that piss me off the most. Although I am a defect virgin, it is bound to happen.

True though,

SAU is very tame.

and fair enough that cops do this, but at the same time, personally i think that cops put a little too much effort into catching hoons etc, fund raising by using speed cameras and the like.

It just seems that they cant do this AND be able to lookout for the poor people who are bashed at train stations, raped, killed, shot etc around the place ?

Sure theyre never gonna be able to look after everyone, but yeah.

I mean if it was a forum or something where people organised meets to go and 'street drift' and the like, sure ... go for it.

but sites like this and RICE, hardly do such things.

But i can understand the whole stories thing and people going out to try them themselves. ALTHOUGH, there are also the 'horror stories' floating about, where people have crashed, died, lost licenses etc that puts everything in perspective... there is a cause and an effect.

Ha ha, I can't see a cop putting NooB under his avatar...? Thats bullshit.

THey did a IP check and it came up with a police thing, and he gives his title & phone number, so if there is any doubts anyone could call & ask to make sure he did post it.

Seems to me that this cop is a good guy.

He could have baited someone into a drag meet or whatever and lay in wait to book everyone once things got started.

But no he came right out and gave a warning to all.

He's trying to perform his job by maybe stopping a d1ckhead from killing himself before he matures and becomes Australia's greatest Prime Minister or discovers the cure for cancer...who knows.

Good on you Officer Holland if you catch me doing something stoopid book me

Cheers