SAU Community

Police Do Read Forums. Be Careful!

ix9

I agree with what is being said above, but that said they are two different situations. Anyone who acts like an idiot deserves to have there ass handed to them. But monitoring forums, following cruises and baiting (mind you which is illegal). I don't have sympathy for cops who go out of there way to target a group of people who haven't done anything wrong and are generalised by a small majority of people who do the wrong thing.

As for defecting I have seen so many pieces of shit on the road which don't deserve to be on the road. They should be defecting cars rusted out through there ass with hundreds of oil leaks rather than defecting pod filters and BOV's as an excuse of them being "unroadworthy".

That being said any cop who isn't a traffic cop that I have met have been really nice, considerate and doing the right thing. Unfortunately we can't generalise because we don't actually deal with any other sort of cops other than the traffic cops so it makes it hard to come to a conclusion.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three cheers for SAU and the fact that most guys here can spell and put together a proper sentence (sory RICE nufin ment buy it)

Ahaha, no offence taken, we tend to see the lighter side of life on our forums as you might have guessed! All in good fun ;)

I would like to add to my outrageous story that it is not true and anything I say on these forums is a complete an utter lie.. ;)

Also after re-reading my post, I feel I have it wrong saying the police have a choice in what they do as they're just trying to do their job - however some with more zealous than others when it comes to the car scene.

I do however stand by the comment that ACA is running the state. How else could WA end up the way it is...

I agree with what is being said above, but that said they are two different situations.... monitoring forums, following cruises and baiting

Yep, totally agree with you Baz. It irritates me as an invasion of my privacy however if there are no illegal activites taking place here then no problemo?

If this 'Officer Holland' actually is a policeman, then the Council for Civil Libertieswould probably be interested. You can lodge a complaint online.

Then again, they may love that the police are 'monitoring' hoons and where they plan burnout parties :)

Some of the comments here are pretty funny.

what is wrong with a cop coming on to a forum and telling the guys to tone it down or you may find it will bite you?

Its a pretty decent thing to do. I miss the days when you would get a warning if you were being a d1ck head, or a clip around the ear and sent on your way - MUCH better that way than just being sent to the cleaners.

When you post on a public forum, you are in the public eye - wowsers will bitch to the police, or ACA about the outrageous behaviour of people on the forums.

If the police get a complaint (say a 13 yo is surfing, mum see's what he is reading and rings up the cops - not unreasonable to expect), they must follow it up.

Now, if the cop just asks the guys to tone it down, they wont get the same complaints happening, so dont have to feild the calls from little timmy's mum, etc therefore resources are being preserved. If a 30 second post on a forum could save fielding one telepone call a week from irate public, then that is a good use of resources.

Officer Holland could be seen to be one of the good guys, and having access to a cop who is willing to go on line is a good thing - it will help sort out alot of the mis-information around on points of law. Being informed isnt a bad thing at all.

Having said that, with all the fall out and slagging the guy off, if I were in his shoes, I doubt I would try and give people a heads up again

And one last thought for those who think its a free country and you should be able to post what ever you like, have a think about the negative press the anti-social behaviour being preached in some religious teachings is receiving at the moment?

Is it legal to encourage or brag about anti-social or negative behaviour? who knows, but you can bet that if the likes of ACA started reading such garbage, they would be the first to do a tv program on it, link the forums to 'hoon behaviour' and possibly try to have them shut down.

Its something the tossers would do.

i think alot of ppl need to bite the bullet when they get done, fair enuf you fang it around and get cought then you deserve to get done, be it your own stupidity that you wernt lookin out for police or just bad luck that they were in someones driveway on the corner you opened it up, cops have it pritty tough, i been to a few partys in high wycombe were the riot squad shows up and in my own opinion i think the cops are to limited as what they can do... there are soo many little 16 17 18 yrolds out there that have no respect for anything, pickin up bricks bottles anything, chuckin it at the cops, and all there alowed to do is stand there with a sheild and a batten, its crap, these little crack heads runnin bein knobs showin off  thinkin its cool, the cops should be able to open fire with rubber bullets, let the k9 dogs go,

i just think its pathetic that some people bag cops out so much, but yet if there cars get stolen or house gets trashed then go running to them like little girls... everyone will need the police one day, and alot of them are polite and show respect so why not do the same, sure you get ya bad ones but take it with a  grain of salt

I was out clubbing and returned to find my house had a window smashed. I called the police and was told that my call wasn't important enough and they had no one they could send to my house. They told me I would have to go to the Rockingham Station on Monday and that, if possible, they may send a car around.

I got pulled over for allegedly doing 5km/h over the speed limit, on a reading taken on the police cars speedo.

Now tell me i shouldn't bag cops. I respect them. And i don't generally bag them, unfortunatly though im better off taking the vigilante approach IMHO.

That said "Officer Holland" has turned out to be a prank. Yet he serves as a timely reminder to us that Police do read forums and moniter what goes on.

dude, I hear you, and it sucks.

The problem in your case is the polliticians who seem to think it is more important raising revenue from cars going 5kph over the limit, instead of allocating more resources to fighting real crime.

As I said before, I hope things dont end up like in SA, where if your car/house/business is broken into, and the damage is under $10,000 - they dont even investigate - you just go in to the station, fill in a report to get a report number so you can claim on insurance. Its a farked up place in ways.

the damage is under $10,000 - they dont even investigate - you just go in to the station, fill in a report to get a report number so you can claim on insurance.

Serious? That's ridiculous!

So thieves just go round stealing gear that is worth under $10k and they won't even get looked at. Geez, you'd feel safe living in Adelaide :P

Any RICE members be warned.Dont bring your cars anywhere near Mandurah or you'll run the risk of getting a yellow sticker.Officer Ralli is in full swing at the moment and will stcker any jap import.Dont be fooled into thinking your safe just because you have permits or have just passed a pit inspection as this means nothing to him.

I think the the problem is from quickly reading that thread, the reason why so much disrespect has gone to the officer was perhaps none of the actual original question that were legit were answered.

We can all say how good or how not good police are however the proper etiquite has not really been shown from them. I actually feel it was good if the so called officer posted a warning. Great! however its what followed that probably was done right. Wouldn't it have been great if the policeman decided to answer some of the questions. WOuld have taken him the same time to answer as what it did to create his logon. It would have gain a lot of respect from the RICE community!

The so called officer has come onto the forums and given a warning and left contact details(fair enough). People did take that seriosuly and were quite respctful however you can see the pattern starting to drop after NONE of their questions were answered.

Im trying not to take a biased stand here but find it hard when someone comes onto a forum and says stop being a hoon!, comes back later after people have tried to ask some questions then says again stop being hoons.

Any RICE members be warned.Dont bring your cars anywhere near Mandurah or you'll run the risk of getting a yellow sticker.Officer Ralli is in full swing at the moment and will stcker any jap import.Dont be fooled into thinking your safe just because you have permits or have just passed a pit inspection as this means nothing to him.

I've heard this from many many mandurah people right now, I'm always pretty careful when I'm down there to avoid the main strips etc

What a fagtard cop really, if his name is known synonymously for stickering any modified vehicle down there. Small-man syndrome in my opinion.

HAHAHAHa Funny(not)! My old civic has been yellow stickered 4 times and been thru the pits 7 times. They actually blacklist u after a certain amount of times. Lucky my Nissan is still a virgin...but proberly not for long. I highly recommend Welshpool for a easier time...avoid Fremantle if u can.

It used to be cheap to do the pit run but now its getting expensive...plus you only get one try or you need to pay another fee to do it again I believe.

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know and prove some of you wrong that the police do surf internet forums. Our RICE forums have recently been posted on by a Police Officer basically telling us off for sharing "boy-racer" stories.

Here's a link for you guys, and just watch out in the future and be careful what you say in your posts. http://www.rice.asn.au/vb/showthread.php?t=1229

Cheers,

Ha thatd be right a blatant waste of tax payers money again from our friendly neighbourhood police dept, f$%king cops seriously when are they gonna do their jobs right nd start catching REAL criminals all cops suck cok. They only look after their own kind, i have been ripped off and road raged and i've made a report on both occasions and they've done f^%k all as usual. BUT they keep handing me speeding tickets and want to take my licence. NO wonder ppl get guns and go crazy shooting ppl. this legal system is f&^kd

Some of you people from WA might not know this,... but in NSW (over the last two days) the news is that all speeding fines caught by camera can now be potentially reversed!

Now, that's got to get a few of them sacked! Or at the very least it will make them do real policing to catch the real criminals!

Some of you people from WA might not know this,... but in NSW (over the last two days) the news is that all speeding fines caught by camera can now be potentially reversed!

Now, that's got to get a few of them sacked!  Or at the very least it will make them do real policing to catch the real criminals!

pls explain further?