SAU Community

Epa Test Reqired

cav

last night was pulled over, i thought it was all good cause i been engeneered but they spotted the adjustable boost controller and said that my cooler will need an EPA test done to test the emitions, didnt get a fine but dont want it to happen again so i want to know whats involved for this test.

the worst thing is that its only done in 2 places in sydney botany and penrith, just want to know if anybody has done the test done and whats involved, is there a pass or fail. dont want to drive 6 hours to have the car failed.

my car has only bolt on mods, exhaust, cooler, pod filter.

should i look at a power fc before i do the test. :)

What state are you in?

In vic fully programable ecu's are a big issue, epa does not like them, so think twice, or make a few enquiries before you buy one thinking you mite get out of it. They go on the reason that you can tune it to blow smoke, run shit, and almost have no emissions, although i dont know why anyone would do that, thats pretty much their excuse. So make a few calls to some engineers, and maybe call up the epa in your state and ask a few questions.

sorry in NSW just thought if the tests are pretty strict id buy a computer and lean it out so theres less emissions, that is if the emissiond are an issue. it might pass ok, i dont think it puts out any more emissions then a standard commy or falcon