SAU Community

Avcr Not Holding Boost Properly

Hi guys. I recently had and avcr installed. When it was on the dyno my tuner noticed it was a bit "lazy" as in it would spike higher and slowly bring the boost down. For example if i was running 10psi it would spike to say 14 psi and slowly drop back to 10 etc. Then yesterday i went to play around with the the boost settings and when i tried dropping it back from to anything under 10psi like 7 8 9psi didnt matter it was still holding at around 14 psi and this was on both boost settings. Any ideas why this could happen? Cheers

Guest two.06l
Hi guys. I recently had and avcr installed. When it was on the dyno my tuner noticed it was a bit "lazy" as in it would spike higher and slowly bring the boost down. For example if i was running 10psi it would spike to say 14 psi and slowly drop back to 10 etc. Then yesterday i went to play around with the the boost settings and when i tried dropping it back from to anything under 10psi like 7 8 9psi didnt matter it was still holding at  around 14 psi and this was on both boost settings. Any ideas why this could happen? Cheers

Try lowering the duty cycle.....what sort of wastegate are you using?? spring tension my be too great.