SAU Community

My Skyline Has Problems

Hey

I've been having problems with my skyline for some time. It a silver r32 4 door GTS4 manual. Only mod is full 3" exhaust. It seems to be running very sluggish/hesitant after 4000rpm. Everytime i adjust the timing, it will go hard but several minutes later, the car will gradually go back to its sluggish state. I think the ECU is retarding itself. So i ran a ecu diagnostic thinking it might be a faulty knock sensor but got code55 (everythings ok). I've recently changed the plugs and fuel pump catch. The oil and oil filter are still failry new. So i dont know wot the problem could be.

So where would be a good place be to take my skyline. I've heard good things about the place at Ampol servo in queanbeyan (intergra i think is). Is there any others you would recommened.

Thanx :)

Trojan in mitchel - 62426277. Jon and Jon are very good.

I always hear good things about Ed and integra but recently i've been seeing some unfortunate results out of that workshop. I'm sure he's as good as the guys here say but I've no need to find out as Trojan are very good and always look after me.

I hope the car is alright anyway mate.

Just curious what bad results youve been seeing coming from Integra? Not having a dig, just curious -- as you know, peoples opinions on here can make and/or break a business :)

If he was as bad as some people say, I doubt Nizpro would be sending all their work from this region to Integra :)

Integra gets my vote.

Just curious what bad results youve been seeing coming from Integra? Not having a dig, just curious -- as you know, peoples opinions on here can make and/or break a business :mellow:

If he was as bad as some people say, I doubt Nizpro would be sending all their work from this region to Integra :blink:

Integra gets my vote.

No no I said unfortunate results. I wouldnt like to name names in an open forum like this but like I said I'm sure Ed is the goods and I have seen a lot more very good results out of that workshop than I have seen unfortunate ones. Nizpro hey? Wow thats awesome.

I would suggest Trojan or Integra 'ondubz' :)

hey guys,

thanx for the advice :mellow: I think i'll go to Integra just cause its closer.

I dont think its my air flow meter, as i still run the stock airbox with a panel filter, and i cleaned the element about a month ago with carby cleaner. How would i tell if the timing belt is slipping?

Thanx

well if the belt is out one tooth then you would have to keep adjusting the timing to match it, if your like me and dont want to stuff around with things like that take to one of the 2 above both good as far as i know. Good luck and let us know also post results in the general maintance area under report that failure