SAU Community

Spigot Bush!

Mumbo#5

Hi all

I got the spigot bush sittin infront of me and was wondering if any of the RB30 spigot bushes will be the same as the RB25 cause repco dont know sh!t about imports other than, ohh ill call gary rogers (nissan i think :))

So is there an RB30 one you can get that will fit?

Cheers all and thanks in advance

im pretty sure all nissan spigot bushes are the same....if youve got the gearbox out just take the rb30 one and put it over your input shaft if it feels allright and fits in the crank fine then your good, or you can measure it.....but i am pretty sure they are the same....also ive also found something funny.....Genuine nissan spigot bush is $17, if your in Adelaide, Adelaide clutch services sell them for $3

sorry man i am getting confused now....now there is no such engine as the rb30det only the rb30et, and there is no rb30de only the rb30e......ok so ive just verified all nissan spigot bushes come up as the same part number, so just tell him you need a spigot bush for a r31 skyline with and rb30e.......

The RB30 spigot bushes for both the manual versions (different gearbox) are the same. the input shafts on the RB30 manual boxes and the R33 box are identical. so the ID of the bush is fine, i would suggest that the OD is also the same on all RB series boxes.

buy one, see if it fits. if it doesn't, take it back.

RB20DET auto and manual ones are different, i got mine directly from Nissan, didn't cost a great deal.

Getting the old one out was a real bastard job though, thankfully RowdyR32 did it for me, like the majority of the work on my engine swap! :mellow:

If you haven't got it out already and have dramas I got given plenty of good help/suggestions here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=55955

Getting the old one out was a real bastard job though, thankfully RowdyR32 did it for me, like the majority of the work on my engine swap! :P

Why do people have such trouble with these??

A friend, (Cubes), packed the spiggot with grease and used a 14mm socket (i think) to pop the old one out in like 30 seconds...

Cubes and myself (lol...well mainly cubes..) changed the Rb30e auto one for a rb30e manual one in my car (rb30det) It has the r33 manual box running so as others say they are interchangable...