SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Hey guys im jst a new owner to a R33 Gtst S1.5 and need to know about the tire size rules,

need to ask whats the standard Size for this car and is 19" rims legal? coz it has them on and a lil' paranoid getting defected, also lookin for a turbo timer that sum1 has lyin around that would sell to me thanks.

-JAi-

a lil' paranoid getting defected
also lookin for a turbo timer

:rofl:

19" is illegal in states with the 2" rule, but can be legal in states where it only goes off overal diametre.

anyone know if i'd be able to fit a 18x10 +38 on the back of a r32 gts-4 with a 245 tyre? without going to pshyco on the guard i'd be going an 18x9+30 on the front

i have 18x10 +22 all around on mine with 245s and doesnt scrub on anything, all i have done is a very basic lipping of the guard.

(might not be an r32 gts4 but it wouldnt be much different i would assume)

anyone know if i'd be able to fit a 18x10 +38 on the back of a r32 gts-4 with a 245 tyre? without going to pshyco on the guard i'd be going an 18x9+30 on the front

ull have to be careful, with a guard roll ull be fine as far as the guard goes, but on the inside u have ur HICAS toe rod ends/knuckle, now 10" +38 is enough to foul on it, the thing is, with 18" u can often get away with it as the larger barrel can actually clear it, but it depends from rim to rim.

this is what im talking about here, it's the knuckle which is closest to the camera:

carparts003.jpg

well the wheel in question is a work xd9... I read somewhere that another member had these fitted in the same size to his gtst... But didn't mention anything about the hicas... Is there anyway to get rid of the hicas if it is a problem or should I just stick to 18x9 +30 all round?.... I just love the extra dish the 10" gives you :)... Also any problems with fitting 9 front and 10 rear for the attessa system? I hear mixed stories

i thought id add my 2 cents,

the bigg ass offset with wheels hanging out looks awesome, some of your rides are just mad, love it.

But if your car is gonna be your daily driver, esp on crappy aust roads (like the warrego highway) you need to stay a little bit sane and inside the guards(or at least a lipped guard), the amount of air you get in a 100km/h zone out here would munch either your tyres or your spine, depending on suspension and profile.

now the question, standard offset on a 33 GTST is +40? so some nice 18's x8-x9inch with +30 (maybe a little more at the rear) and the right tyres will work fine right??

bare in mind im definelty keeping the suspension standard untill such time as i move back to the city and can actually lower my car without ripping it a new one on the highway

Edited by boiracer

The question of what wheel size fits what Skyline comes up so often I though this might be a good place to post your own wheel dimensions.

Just copy and fill in the table;

Skyline model =

Wheel diameter =

Wheel width =

Wheel offset =

Tyre size =

Modifications to fit =

One of mine as an example;

Skyline model = R32GTST

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 8"

Wheel offset = 35

Tyre size = 245/45/17

Modifications to fit = remove the front inner plastic guards, roll rear lip slightly.

:bunny: cheers :bunny:

Skyline model = R33 GTR

Wheel diameter = 18

Wheel width =10"

Wheel offset = +20

Tyre size =285

Modifications to fit = None

• 2 weeks later...

Skyline model = R33 Gts-t

Wheel diameter = 18

Wheel width = F 8.5/R 9.5

Wheel offset = F +29/R +35

Tyre size = 235 40

Modifications to fit = its a tad low at the front :) so the front guards needed to be rolled

hey i have a r34 gtt 2001.can i fit +43 on the two 18x9 wheels; +45 on the other two 18x10 wheel.

a mate of mine has an r32 gts-t with 8 +32 on the front, and 9 +38 on the rear, and they sit pretty flush on the front and slightly out on the rear.

hey everyone

Looking to buy 18" work emotion XD9's

whats the best offset and width for an r32 gts-4?

thanks

a mate of mine has an r32 gts-t with 8 +32 on the front, and 9 +38 on the rear, and they sit pretty flush on the front and slightly out on the rear.

• 3 weeks later...

Skyline model = r33 gtst

Wheel diameter = 18" volk racing SE37

Wheel width =8.5" front, 9.5" rear

Wheel offset = +36 front and rear

Tyre size = 235 front 265 rear

Modifications to fit = none. Back wheels are inline with the rear gaurds, fronts are inside the gaurds abit too much for my liking.

Just copy and fill in the table;

Skyline model = R32 GTST

Wheel diameter = 19"

Wheel width = 8.5 / 10.5

Wheel offset = 35 / 42

Tyre size = 235 / 245

Modifications to fit = Back guards rolled

Does anyone know if i could go 19x9.5 on the front with 20mm offset?

(will be going the front vented wide fenders) just wondering about the inside bit

Cheers

Edited by sxc13