SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

• 2 weeks later...

18x10 +30 (235/40) on rear or 34, clears coilover and standard guards, will need to roll if going 255 + tyre size.

should be able to fit +10 to +15 offset with rolled guards (will try when i get some spacer action happening) - pics up soon after i fit them up.

+1 to CE28N, very nice wheels :P

Hmmm I have some Rota GTRs with 18X9.5" ET12mm. I am gueesing I will need a lot of work on the fenders to have them fit my GTT? Thinking about putting them on the S15 instead until I can do the GT-R fender conversion for it to fit flush.

Skyline model = R32 GTS-t

Wheel diameter = 17

Wheel width =8F, 9R

Wheel offset = +25F, +35R

Tyre size =215F, 225R

Modifications to fit = No spacers required, they sit flush as on the front, rears come out about 4mm, stock suspension and guards.

tried my mates work vs 18x9+4,18x10+9s on today,sat mint as car looked so tough

Skyline model = r32 gtst

wheel diameter =18"

wheel width = 9f,10r

wheel offset = +4front,+9 rear

tyre size = 225 f,235 r

mods to fit- massaged the guards a bit

currently running work equips

wheel diameter = 17"

wheel size = 8f,9r

wheel offsets = +5f,+15r

tyre size = 205/45f, 235/45 rear

pics of both when I get to a computer

so im gonna need a bit of help fitting these bad boys.

Skyline model = r32 gtst

wheel diameter = 18'' rear and 17'' front

wheel width = 9'' all round

wheel offset = +6 rear and +/-0 front

tyre size = 225 rear and 205 front

got a few crappy fone pics....

rear im hoping to get way with some neg camber.

front ill prob need to flare and run some neg camber (front is going to get dropped a bit more as well lol)

post-30273-1251985523_thumb.jpg

post-30273-1251985540_thumb.jpg

yeh 215 on the rear, or 205 if ur not too fussed about traction back there, then as much camber as u need to slide it under. u obviously dont want too much if ur still after traction, massaging the guards just a little bit might be a better solution.

for the front just camber the f**k out of it, R33 LCA's will help, but they tend to push the bottom out more than pull the top in to give u camber. for maximum clearance from camber ur better off with some adjustable upper arms and shorten them, something around -3.5 should do it id imagine, but just keep going til it fits in. front guards are easy as piss to pull out a bit if u need a bit more clearance.

controlarms.jpg

Nisskid, how would I go about bringing the top of my rear wheels (17x9+35) in a bit? They currently stick out about 4mm when looking down at them on stock suspension and guards. Ive been told more than one way and I'm confused haha

Skyline model = CPV35

Wheel diameter = 20"

Wheel width = 9.5F & 10.5R

Wheel offset = ET22

Tyre size = 255/30/20F & 285/30/20R

Modifications to fit = slight roll of rear guard

Nisskid, how would I go about bringing the top of my rear wheels (17x9+35) in a bit? They currently stick out about 4mm when looking down at them on stock suspension and guards. Ive been told more than one way and I'm confused haha

is it a scrubbing issue? also what size tyre.

there is really only one way to "pull" a tyre in, and that's to add camber. unfortunately at the rear once uve lowered ur 32 even a little bit the dynamic camber gives u way too much camber on the rear for the street, so adding more camber will just make ur car perform even worse. if there are scrubbage issues, roll ur guards (assuming u havnt already as 9" +35 shouldnt be scrubbing, unless ur running maybe a 255/45).

is it a scrubbing issue? also what size tyre.

there is really only one way to "pull" a tyre in, and that's to add camber. unfortunately at the rear once uve lowered ur 32 even a little bit the dynamic camber gives u way too much camber on the rear for the street, so adding more camber will just make ur car perform even worse. if there are scrubbage issues, roll ur guards (assuming u havnt already as 9" +35 shouldnt be scrubbing, unless ur running maybe a 255/45).

Stretched 225/45/17 (Came with rims). No scrubbing issue, I'd just like to tuck the top in a little extra - so bring in the top of the tyre 2-4mm. I do plan on lowering about 25mm, will this get me that little bit more camber? Also guards are not rolled.

Thanks for your help :domokun:

So I've posted in this thread in the Motorsport section of the forum but didn't quite get a full answer.

I'll keep it short, went looking for rims, couldn't find what I liked second hand, so found Enkei RPF1's for <$1700 delivered brand new, they're lightweight which was my main thing.

These rims are going to be track only rims for an R33 GTR, it currently runs stock GTR 17x9+30 rims.

The plan is to keep it 17inch, I have choices of:

17x9+35 (or +18)

17x9.5+18 (or +38)

17x10+18

From the wheel offset calculator its:

17x9.5 is 6mm more inner clearance and 18mm extra sticking out

17x10 is 1mm less inner clearance and 25mm extra sticking out

The plan was to not have to re-tune suspension after switching, and the 255/40/17 tyres are cheaper than 265/40/17 which says 9.5" from my point of view.

Any advice?

P.S. Nisskid, excellent guide on rims, I tried reporting that your links to the wheel offset calculator are broken but no response, they now need to be "tire" instead of "tyre".

Stretched 225/45/17 (Came with rims). No scrubbing issue, I'd just like to tuck the top in a little extra - so bring in the top of the tyre 2-4mm. I do plan on lowering about 25mm, will this get me that little bit more camber? Also guards are not rolled.

Thanks for your help :)

lowering will give u extra dynamic camber, so as u lower ur car the top of the tyre does tuck in a bit. hence why when ur car is off the ground, the tyre sits right out of the guard, then when u drop the car back down it settles in.

So I've posted in this thread in the Motorsport section of the forum but didn't quite get a full answer.

I'll keep it short, went looking for rims, couldn't find what I liked second hand, so found Enkei RPF1's for <$1700 delivered brand new, they're lightweight which was my main thing.

These rims are going to be track only rims for an R33 GTR, it currently runs stock GTR 17x9+30 rims.

The plan is to keep it 17inch, I have choices of:

17x9+35 (or +18)

17x9.5+18 (or +38)

17x10+18

From the wheel offset calculator its:

17x9.5 is 6mm more inner clearance and 18mm extra sticking out

17x10 is 1mm less inner clearance and 25mm extra sticking out

The plan was to not have to re-tune suspension after switching, and the 255/40/17 tyres are cheaper than 265/40/17 which says 9.5" from my point of view.

Any advice?

P.S. Nisskid, excellent guide on rims, I tried reporting that your links to the wheel offset calculator are broken but no response, they now need to be "tire" instead of "tyre".

17x10 +18 would be my pick for a R33 GTR. 9" +35 is too thin and offset is too high, +18 is a bit better than standard, but if u were going to have a 17x9 id stick with stock R33 GTR rims as they are better quality than the enkeis. 17x9.5 +38 is too high offset, +18 would work, but honestly if i was going to spend the $$ id do it right first time and go 10" wide. gives u more options.

can anyone foresee any troubles with 17x8.5 +32 (F) & 17x9.5 +28 ® going onto a R33 gtst with stock suspension. not really after the stretch look on tyres (not my thing) as it will be for street use only, no track work at all

I will be upgrading the suspenion at a later stage (possibly something like the HSD twin tube coilovers)

can anyone foresee any troubles with 17x8.5 +32 (F) & 17x9.5 +28 ® going onto a R33 gtst with stock suspension. not really after the stretch look on tyres (not my thing) as it will be for street use only, no track work at all

I will be upgrading the suspenion at a later stage (possibly something like the HSD twin tube coilovers)

will be fine