SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

ok another one for you guys, i didn't end up going down the d1r path but i can get some Grid R's in 18x9.5+22 and 18x10+15 tire wise there 225's i think.

Just wanting to know how they will fit, As stated in my last post my car is fairly low & has rolled front & rears, guessing ill need to take out my inners/liners as they scrub now just past half lock. will i need to pump the rears?

cheers

and finding out what your current wheels are would make it really easy with a few measurements.

it should be written somewhere on the back of the rim/spoke of the wheel. Concentrate more on getting the right offset than getting 10" wide wheels

I found out that the 10" that im looking at are +22 offset. My car is standard height atm and has standard guards. You reckon they will fit ?

Skyline model = R32 GTS4

Rim Model = Enkei RPF1's

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 9"

Wheel offset = +35mm

rim fouls on caliper, i was told these rims would fit and i dont really feel like buying spacers. does anybody know what dimensions will fit a r32 gts4?

Just out of interest, is it necessary to remove the guard/wheel arch liners out if you are running decent size wheel & tyre or lowering a bit?

My car isn't what you would call low at all, but because my suspension isnt race spec coilovers (they're bilstein/whitelines) and they aren't rock hard, I get scuffing when I go over a hard bump or turn real hard up front.

Or do most just sort it out with camber?

Skyline model = R32 GTS4

Rim Model = Enkei RPF1's

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width = 9"

Wheel offset = +35mm

rim fouls on caliper, i was told these rims would fit and i dont really feel like buying spacers. does anybody know what dimensions will fit a r32 gts4?

You need a bigger 'X-Factor' i.e caliper clearance this changes from wheel to wheel and is not dependent on wheel width or offset.

For instance I have a set of Evo V Enkeis and a set of Work Meister M1Rs. At 17x7.5 +35 my Enkeis have more brake clearance than my 18x10.5 +15 Meisters due to a different X-factor.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Skyline model = R34 25GT Sedan S2

Rim Model = TE37's

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 9.5"

Wheel offset = +22

Car sits standard at the moment but looking to lower after wheels are on if it is even possible.

Whats the most practical wheel size/type that won't cause any rubbing or require me to do any modification and what is the most plausible that won't cause me any grief such as clearing callipers etc.. i was thinking 235/40

Edited by Bo Bo

Looking at getting some new rims for my r33 gtst, Im not keen on having to get guards rolled or pumped and want to have the wheels sit flush for legality.

I have been told by a few people to look at 18x9.5s all round in offset of about +30 to +38 or f 18x8.5 and r18x9.5 in similar offsets.

Ideally, I'd like a non staggered fitment and to run something like a 235 or 245 with maybe a 40 or 45 profile. However if that causes fitment issues in the front then I'm happy to go 8.5s in the front and obviously a skinnier tyre to suit.

Just wondering who has run wheels in these sizes/offsets/tyre sizes on a 33 gtst?

Any other opinions on the above are appreciated as well

as to legality it depend on what state you are in.

18x8.5+30 and 18x9.5+30 will fit but you'd still wanna roll the rear guards

9.5+30 all round will look better but you will wanna be looking into removing the guard liners if you want it low.

235/40/18 (but if you wanna be legal 245/40)

Skyline model = Laurel C35 Club S (Skyline in a tuxedo :whistling: )

Wheel model = Work Meister S2R

Wheel diameter = 18

Wheel width = Front 9, Rear 10

Wheel offset = +35

Tyre size = Front 245/35, Rear 255/35

Modifications to fit = Rolled gurads, -1.8 camber front, adjustables with spring upgrade (10s&8s) so not toooo much wheel travel

as to legality it depend on what state you are in.

18x8.5+30 and 18x9.5+30 will fit but you'd still wanna roll the rear guards

9.5+30 all round will look better but you will wanna be looking into removing the guard liners if you want it low.

235/40/18 (but if you wanna be legal 245/40)

Thanks for the advice, what if I went 9.5 +38 all round with a 245/40?

From what I can tell the rears will sit pretty much flush with the guards so perhaps the only concern will be the fronts ?

What up sau

Im about to get a set of xxr 527's which are 18 x 8.75 +20 all round and my question is will the rear rims be a bit small for the rears or will it be ok, planning on running 235/40 all round ,

any suggestions please cause im planning on getting these tomorow

Edited by 33VOM