SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Hi Everyone looking for purchase a set of Gramslight 57D for my GTT. I had read a bit of the old post here, some say they can run +20 to 22 all round without any problem, But most people do +35 to +30 offset. I have no idea which will be the best offset for the GTT. Current with HKS hyper Max 2 coilover with 1 and half finger gap all round and RPF1 18 x 8 F, 18 x 9 R and +35 offset. I think that combination is quite nice for GTT. The problem is the 57D ONLY come with +38 or +22 offset Is thinking of 18 x 9.5 +38 F and 18 x 9.5 +22 R, or +38 all round? Planning for using 245 40 F and 265 35 R tyres. I am after something without guards roll, no stretch tyres and no massive camber. Please help Thank you.

For anyone that is interested, I went with the 18x9 +18 all round.

Skyline model = 1998 R34 GT-t

Wheel model = Enkei RP03

Wheel diameter = 18

Wheel width = 9"

Wheel offset = +18

Tyre size = Front 245/40, Rear 265/35

Modifications to fit = None

Here is the result (looks pretty good methinks...)

post-66054-0-06221000-1338867082_thumb.jpg

post-66054-0-03590100-1338867093_thumb.jpg

post-66054-0-96903400-1338867106_thumb.jpg

post-66054-0-24561700-1338867115_thumb.jpg

I've been thinking about getting a set of rims that look good, but didn't necessarily have the width that I would have liked. it comes in 18x8 19x8 and 20x8.5.

Now I know most people seem to at least run 8.5 on the rears. I would like to do much the same, however with the available sizes, that would mean running 20" rims, which I don't intend to do.

Would anyone still be able to recommend 8" wide rims as nice; or is 8.5"-9" have particular advantages I'm not seeing atm?

Skyline model = 1997 R33 Gts-t S2

Wheel diameter = 18

Wheel width = F 9.0/R 10.0

Wheel offset = F +45/R +48

Tyre size = F235 / 40 R275/35

Modifications to fit = None , but it doesnt fit! Tyres hit on the inside, How big spacers would I need to get this to fit?

One more question

To sit absolutely flush on a r33 gtst s2 , which tyre size and offset is most preferable with only mods required being rolled guards. Scanned over 45 page of this thread but unable to see if a general consensus had been reached.....

20mm front and back should be good..25 would be ok too..are they andypandas wheels??

he had exactly the same size for sale.....theres pics in his sale thread...i believe he was running just 20mm spacers at the front and it sits pretty good

here it is..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/382672-wtt-volk-f-zero-18s-with-near-new-federal-595-rs-rs/page__p__6104041#entry6104041

20mm front and back should be good..25 would be ok too..are they andypandas wheels??

he had exactly the same size for sale.....theres pics in his sale thread...i believe he was running just 20mm spacers at the front and it sits pretty good

here it is..

http://www.skylinesa...41#entry6104041

wow , you have no idea just how helpful that was :)

No these are completely different wheels but with the exception of not being white, they are exactly the same....I had them on my supra for the past 2 years and they have 275's at the back.

with the 275's , would 20mm spacers still be adequate so it has sufficient inner clearance?they are hitting pretty bad right now to the point of not even having enough space to bolt the wheel on.if not will the 25mm spacer suffice? Id prefer to fit these wheels then swap them

something like this?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEOTECH-NISSAN-5-Stud-114-3-25mm-Bolt-Wheel-Spacers-/130708637330?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6ed78692

Edited by tripsteady

Hi, i'm struggling to determine whether or not the following will fit:

Skyline Model = R33gts SII (n/a, 4x114.3 hub, puny calipers)

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 8" front - 9" rear

Wheel offset = +30

The wheels i want to order are called Wolf S1P's

http://www.wolfwheels.co.nz/wheels/high-performance/s1p.html

anyone running a similar size/offset? opinions on the offset? Will they fit ok? If so what size rubber

Love this thread, help really appreciated, thanks.

Hi, i'm struggling to determine whether or not the following will fit:

Skyline Model = R33gts SII (n/a, 4x114.3 hub, puny calipers)

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 8" front - 9" rear

Wheel offset = +30

The wheels i want to order are called Wolf S1P's

http://www.wolfwheel...rmance/s1p.html

anyone running a similar size/offset? opinions on the offset? Will they fit ok? If so what size rubber

Love this thread, help really appreciated, thanks.

Those will fit.

Tho as usual, depnding on ride height, camber n tyres- fronts might rub the guard at full lock especially with suspension load. Rears might need the guards rolled.

Nonetheless, should fit well/look good.

wow , you have no idea just how helpful that was :)

No these are completely different wheels but with the exception of not being white, they are exactly the same....I had them on my supra for the past 2 years and they have 275's at the back.

with the 275's , would 20mm spacers still be adequate so it has sufficient inner clearance?they are hitting pretty bad right now to the point of not even having enough space to bolt the wheel on.if not will the 25mm spacer suffice? Id prefer to fit these wheels then swap them

something like this?

http://www.ebay.com....=item1e6ed78692

Mate, those are massive wheels for a GTST (and tyres).

While you may be able to get them to stop hitting on the inner with spacers they are going to stick out like bulldogs balls and certainly require considerable guard + suspension mods just to not hit the arches...

Mate, those are massive wheels for a GTST (and tyres).

While you may be able to get them to stop hitting on the inner with spacers they are going to stick out like bulldogs balls and certainly require considerable guard + suspension mods just to not hit the arches...

dammit , and i thought the r33 rear end looked fat enough to handle 275's. I plan to roll the fenders but didnt want to mess with the actual bodywork of the car...

sorry to be such a noob and ask again but can you confirm that 275's rarely ever get put on r33's unless guard work is done?

dammit , and i thought the r33 rear end looked fat enough to handle 275's. I plan to roll the fenders but didnt want to mess with the actual bodywork of the car...

sorry to be such a noob and ask again but can you confirm that 275's rarely ever get put on r33's unless guard work is done?

well it is fat enough n it isnt...

N funny you should ask. I run 275's on the rear of mine...

but there are a few things you have to take into account. my rim is 18x9.5+36. Which is about as good/wide as it gets for an R33 GTST when all other things have been considered. Any bigger/further in n you are going to be coming close to suspension n guards etc. Any further out n it will stick out from the guard.

I have had to completely cut my rear arch lip out to get these to fit. As you can see from the pic it sits EXACLTY flush with the guard (at the top) but the tyre does stick out further down the arches- so technically defectable, but its sticking out overall n at the top that is the main issue for a defect. n the boys have never bothered me about how mine slightly stick out. See pics attached

The second issue is that alot of people will simply run alot of camber to get big rims n tyres inside the arches. Well, ok, that works, but basically you are reducing the handling of your car AND chewing through tyres very quickly (and expensive tyres at 18"x275)- Its just not worth it.

Finally, have you ever used spacers before? often they will never sit perfectly and balanced which also means that you get some interesting handling characteristics and steering vibration. Oh yeah, n spacers are another thing to get defected for...

post-68049-0-05339600-1339564313_thumb.jpg

post-68049-0-08147100-1339564326_thumb.jpg

well it is fat enough n it isnt...

N funny you should ask. I run 275's on the rear of mine...

but there are a few things you have to take into account. my rim is 18x9.5+36. Which is about as good/wide as it gets for an R33 GTST when all other things have been considered. Any bigger/further in n you are going to be coming close to suspension n guards etc. Any further out n it will stick out from the guard.

I have had to completely cut my rear arch lip out to get these to fit. As you can see from the pic it sits EXACLTY flush with the guard (at the top) but the tyre does stick out further down the arches- so technically defectable, but its sticking out overall n at the top that is the main issue for a defect. n the boys have never bothered me about how mine slightly stick out. See pics attached

The second issue is that alot of people will simply run alot of camber to get big rims n tyres inside the arches. Well, ok, that works, but basically you are reducing the handling of your car AND chewing through tyres very quickly (and expensive tyres at 18"x275)- Its just not worth it.

Finally, have you ever used spacers before? often they will never sit perfectly and balanced which also means that you get some interesting handling characteristics and steering vibration. Oh yeah, n spacers are another thing to get defected for...

so technically , to get flush fitment , if I could buy the perfect rim (which for me would be something deep dish) it should be 18x9 +36 at the rears with 265/255's? What else would give close to flush fitment while filling out the bulging arse end of the 33 without any more mods then rolled fenders? and do 235's at the front do the job and sit flush? scared to mess to much with the front as those two wheels move a hell of a lot more then the rear :)

so technically , to get flush fitment , if I could buy the perfect rim (which for me would be something deep dish) it should be 18x9 +36 at the rears with 265/255's? What else would give close to flush fitment while filling out the bulging arse end of the 33 without any more mods then rolled fenders? and do 235's at the front do the job and sit flush? scared to mess to much with the front as those two wheels move a hell of a lot more then the rear :)

the fronts on R33's are a funny thing... having rims that sit flush means rubbing on the guards under turning/load. Iv got 2 skylines. 1 is getting close to flush and rubs (tho i would say not badly at all and very tolerable) with 17x8.5+32 with 235's. The other (car in the pic above) sits in a bit (i.e. is not flush) and does not rub at all- on this the rims are 18x8.5+36 with 235/35/18's.

Im sure once again camber or getting stuck into the front arch guards might fix it but thats cheating in my books, and fronts with camber on a street driven car will chew out sooooo quick.

does your car have coilovers or is lowered?

Edited by jjman

how do u reckon 17x9.5+18 will sit,

Pics would be amazazing!!!

Good on the rear, maybe a bit mexicano on the front.

I had 9" + 22 on the front and they sat just about flush with pumped guards. Those offsets stick out 10mm more.

the fronts on R33's are a funny thing... having rims that sit flush means rubbing on the guards under turning/load. Iv got 2 skylines. 1 is getting close to flush and rubs (tho i would say not badly at all and very tolerable) with 17x8.5+32 with 235's. The other (car in the pic above) sits in a bit (i.e. is not flush) and does not rub at all- on this the rims are 18x8.5+36 with 235/35/18's.

Im sure once again camber or getting stuck into the front arch guards might fix it but thats cheating in my books, and fronts with camber on a street driven car will chew out sooooo quick.

well I do plan to add a small amount of camber but this is my daily driver so above all I aim to have stock drivability and comfort nothing to harsh , and certainly nothing that's going to rub at all.Don't mind being slightly above the guard if the front is going to rub.

No i have no coil overs or anything right now - deciding on which one to buy , the bc v1 look good. Wanted to get the wheels first so Il know how much to lower.....basically i want it to sit flush without rubbing anything with the only mods being rolled guards. Seem to think this is impossible now :(

I run 18x9.5+12 w 235/40/18 allround, tyres tucked. not cambered and not flared... I get no scrub... it's all in the guardwork