SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

GENTS THE MOST URGENT OF HELP IS REQUIRED......

im about to purchase some rays sebring, heres the details

18 x 8.5 +40 front

18 x 9.5 +45 rear.

will these FIT A 94 GTST.......................help me ladies and gents!

Depending on whether you prefer the wheels to stick out more, or sit nicely in the guards. However, with those offsets, the wheels will be sitting right inside the body, and it might look a bit weird.

Not only that, as someone has already mentioned, because of the widths of the wheels, such a high offset may cause clearance issues on the in-side of the wheel, ie: fouling on suspension components.

I would say that the front will very likely fit, but the rear is anyones guess.

A safer, and better looking offset (in my opinion) would be anything between +36 and +30

They'll fit, but....

I've got 18x8 +42 all round ('94 R33 GTST). There's about 5-10mm clearance inside to the upright on full lock (need to get out and measure this properly), and rears have about 25 mm clearance inside.

Mine looks anorexic though, which is why i've been trawling threads like these for the last 2 months trying to work out best fitment for a new set.

The lads are right, if you're going to get new wheels; might as well get a lower offset.

If it helps, here's what i've measured on my car:

Fronts

Hub to flush with guard ~84 mm

Rim edge to flush with guard ~24 mm

Inner clearance ~8mm

Rears

Hub to flush with guard ~94 mm

Rim edge to flush with guard ~34 mm

Inner clearance ~25mm

You should be able to use these numbers to see how different width and offsets will sit in relation to the guards and suspension using one of the offset calculators on the web. I'm pretty sure these numbers are accurate, but I hold no responsibility if they're wrong! ;)

Finally, in my opinion for what it's worth, don't shell out for those Rays unless you've really got your heart set on them. The fitment won't be that great.

18x9.5 +15 with a 235/40 18. guard lip rolleds up 100%, camber is set at - .2 with whiteline camber arms, about 3mm off guard, will put camber to -1 before the next track day. front is -2.5 camber, hits guard liner, no big deal

pyiue.jpg

Do you have any scrubbing on this, i dont have any camber arms but i hope i can the same sizes ok

Do you have any scrubbing on this, i dont have any camber arms but i hope i can the same sizes ok

The post is right there, how can you not read..

You will need camber arms for this exact fitment, if you don't, you are going to have to raise your car a lot for your fronts to clear. And he said there were no scrubbing issues except for the front liner. If you are lucky, you will have coilovers that allow up to 2deg camber, then you can do this without camber arms.

I run 18x9.5+12 all around. You will need to get your guards rolled all the way and pulled slightly. I'm not running any camber arms it's stock suspension apart from coilovers.

You might need to remove part of your front / rear guard lining. You might get slight scub on full lock shouldn't be an issue. I didn't have that issue as all my guard lining has been removed. It depends on how low you want your car.

Edited by DarkRyda

Skyline model = R34 GTT

Wheel diameter = 18

Wheel width = 9.5 fronts, 10.5 rears

Wheel offset = +22 fronts, +30 rears

Tyre size = 225/40 fronts, 245/40 rears

Modifications to fit = Guards rolled all round, coilovers to drop - not needed though. Can probably afford to slam the car a little more, but happy where it is for now. Poking about 3 mm all round. Perfect fitment in my mind. No scrubbing issues, except on full lock - fronts hit the liner, which is no issue in my mind. Will upload better pictures when I get the chance.

133860_533859553307108_1792813029_o.jpg377288_533859569973773_1154939089_n.jpg

Edited by voncina

The post is right there, how can you not read..

You will need camber arms for this exact fitment, if you don't, you are going to have to raise your car a lot for your fronts to clear. And he said there were no scrubbing issues except for the front liner. If you are lucky, you will have coilovers that allow up to 2deg camber, then you can do this without camber arms.

wont need the camber arms... the front guards are soft as all hell and will easily accomodate 9.5+15 w 235/40 if pulled enough

thanks mate for an informative reply unlike some people here which seem to be having their period this month

I said IF (->IF<-) you wanted that EXACT fitment you would need camber arms. Sorry for me trying to help you, ungrateful douche.

^^ Looks awesome mate, keen to see more pics of the car further away to see what it looks like. Also, are your rear lights tinted?

Yeah they are.

I have a track day today. More then likely there will be some nice shots of the car from afar. I will get some good ones up later on in the weekend. Fitment is almost perfect [=

Edited by voncina

^Mate, looking good. keen for more pics, needs moar r34 :P.

In other news, figured out my offsets a while ago, just haven't had any time to consider it further... so busy these days, sigh. They should be 17x8 +35 all round, with 225/45 tyres all round I believe.

Recommendations for some spacers size for some flush fitment? (Guards will be rolled if going flush).

^Mate, looking good. keen for more pics, needs moar r34 :P.

In other news, figured out my offsets a while ago, just haven't had any time to consider it further... so busy these days, sigh. They should be 17x8 +35 all round, with 225/45 tyres all round I believe.

Recommendations for some spacers size for some flush fitment? (Guards will be rolled if going flush).

Safe but as flush as possible fitment with those rims, I would go 25mm fronts, (30mm if you are daring, still won't poke as much as my rims if you do go 30, but you will be close.) and for rears 35mm would be very close to my fitment as well. Factor in some camber for when you drop the car, and she should sit quite nicely.

And yes I do know my car is dirty and has swirl marks, etc etc. Working on it.

218944_534374796588917_1329772205_o.jpg

Edited by voncina