SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Does anyone know if JZA80 turbo rims, 16x9 +50 offset will fit on the back of a R33 GTST.

I need some 16 x 9 rims for drag duties.

I was using R32 GTR 16 x 9 +30 with 255/50 16 Mickey T"s, but found that I needed too much height in the rear for the tyres to clear when launching.

Or any other 16 x 9 rims that will tuck in with the tyre setup.

Thanks

16x9+50 will need some decent spacers or it will hit suspension.

If the 32gtr rims weren't what you were looking for, nothing else 16x9 will fit unless you change tyre specs.

16x9+50 will need some decent spacers or it will hit suspension.

If the 32gtr rims weren't what you were looking for, nothing else 16x9 will fit unless you change tyre specs.

I have about 50mm space between my tyre and shock with about 1 deg of negitive camber using the R32 GTR 16 x 8 +30 rims, when the JZA80 16x9 +50 rims are fitted the camber will be wound out to around 0.5 deg positive camber which will give me a couple of more mm.

So in theory fitting the 16 x 9 +50 rims will still give me 20 odd mm clearance, whilst bringing in the rim 7mm which may give me the clearance I"m after..

But now Im thinking of using the 16 x 8 +50 rim as that would give me 30 mm clearnace and bring the rim in 20 mm which would definatley give me the clearance.

Bugger

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be placing a order for a set of fr19 in the new year. After advice on ofsets for a r32 whith bn wide body kit. Thinking of getting 19 x 10 -2 for the frount and 19 x 12 -42 for the back. Any body know if this sounds right or how I can check mesaments

Going to be placing a order for a set of fr19 in the new year. After advice on ofsets for a r32 whith bn wide body kit. Thinking of getting 19 x 10 -2 for the frount and 19 x 12 -42 for the back. Any body know if this sounds right or how I can check mesaments

That seems very mexican, but I have no idea how wide the kit will be. You need to find the manufactures specs in relation to standard width of the fenders, then find the 'perfect flush fitment' which unfortunatly I have no idea what it will be for 32 gtst. Extremely keen to see photos though.. Dish all day?

Just for a reference... In comparison to standard 32 GTR rims (16x9+30) your rears will poke 110mm more then standard. Dish dish dish dish dish

EDIT: Tyres are going to be fudging expensive?

Edited by voncina

The kit I have is the BN wide body ment to be 70 mm wider than stock. Year realy want big dish. The main reason for the 19 is that the 18 inc rims use 17 inc senters so that would restrict what size brakes I can run. dont want to be skimp on brakes

That seems very mexican, but I have no idea how wide the kit will be. You need to find the manufactures specs in relation to standard width of the fenders, then find the 'perfect flush fitment' which unfortunatly I have no idea what it will be for 32 gtst. Extremely keen to see photos though.. Dish all day?

Just for a reference... In comparison to standard 32 GTR rims (16x9+30) your rears will poke 110mm more then standard. Dish dish dish dish dish

EDIT: Tyres are going to be fudging expensive?

The kit I have is the BN wide body ment to be 70 mm wider than stock. Year realy want big dish. The main reason for the 19 is that the 18 inc rims use 17 inc senters so that would restrict what size brakes I can run. dont want to be skimp on brakes

first of all the 18's will fit 356mm rotors underneath them no issue as for you rims selection you are way too big!! My R32 is roughly 86mm wider a side in the rear...check out pics below to give you an idea of how much poke i have

18x11.5 -47 on rear

315/30 semi slick

post-2127-0-79535200-1355893184_thumb.jpg

post-2127-0-25338600-1351463517_thumb.jpg

post-2127-0-84380500-1353974964_thumb.jpg

I understand that 18 would fit big enough brakes. Its just simmons were too lazy to retool for 18 inc wheels so thy used the 17 inc centers on 18 inch outers. Is that bodykit your running the vilside tit?

will 19x11 +12 scrub on r33 gtr guards?

If you had them on fronts - I would say yes. Rears would be fine I reckon.

They will poke 43mm more then 33 GTR rims, and they don't sit any further in then the stocks as well.

measured it up yesterday, think it will hit on the inside of the front and they sit out 10m/m, decided on 19x9.5 +12 with a 8 or 6 m/m spacer. i have sent a email to the company to see if they can make a custom 10.5 but i would say most likely not.

Damn they are for a really good price !!!

Then invest in 15-20mm spacers to push them out if you really want the rims. Going to cost another $350 on top of the rims for JJR spacers (they never let me down)

Then invest in 15-20mm spacers to push them out if you really want the rims. Going to cost another $350 on top of the rims for JJR spacers (they never let me down)

this is bad advice! Not to mention these are illegal

Edited by Frosty

They sure can if they move the load from your hub centres to your wheel studs which often is what happens with spacers. Apply lots of force (track day) to wheel studs instead of intended area on hub and you can get studs snapping while you're flying around a track.

How would fitting xxr002 16x8 +0 go for a r32 gtst coupe with 205/50 tyres? I'm wondering how brake clearance would be and if spacers would be needed. I have a guard roller and adjustable camber arms.