SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

im starting to think about getting new rims for my car, i have a 33 gtst with stock rims,

i think i will end up getting lenso D1R wheels in 18 inches and thinking 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears,

not too keen on flaring the gaurds maybe a roll what off set do you guys think?

seen a lot of different numbers going around and it confuses the crap outta me, even used the offset calc, but still not sure if its right!

edit: also on stock ride height atm

edit edit: or should i look at something like 8 and 9's?

Im running D1R's. 17x9 +15 (might be +17, cant remember) and 17x10 +15 on the rears. Just rolled guards and they are fine.

I've got CR Kai's on my r33 that are 18 x 9.5 +38 front and +20 rear. I know the wider track is meant to be at the rear but the +20's wouldn't clear the front brake calipers.

Now that I've put some SK bilstein/whiteline coilovers in it (about 335mm from centre of wheel to arch front and rear) I notice the front is bottoming out inside the wheel arch over harsh bumps, and it isn't even that low!

Tyres are 245 x 35.

Is this because of the offset at the front?

Should I get 5mm spacers and switch the wheels around front and rear?

This is current ride height:

post-25383-0-65963500-1322541687_thumb.jpg

And this gives a better idea of offset difference before lowering:

post-25383-0-29802000-1322542165_thumb.jpg

Edited by copycutter

Just put new wheels on the front today. They scrub into the fender lining at full lock or going over pot holes.

What are your opinions on removing the liners? Bad/Good idea?

cripes. whats the handling like with the wider ones at the front?

does it tramline like a bitch or what?

iv never been an advocate of spacers but in this case- maybe...

Handles fine. I can't say I know exactly what tram-lining feels like but it corners well and doesn't understeer or do anything overtly untoward.

So is the source of my scrubbing the offset of the rim?

Just put new wheels on the front today. They scrub into the fender lining at full lock or going over pot holes.

What are your opinions on removing the liners? Bad/Good idea?

whats the specs on your front wheels?

just leave them in, helps keep the chassis/guards clean as well.

a little bit of scrubbing on the lining doesnt hurt, only when it scrubs on metal and starts chewing tyres then u got an issue lol

my splash gaurds are still in, 18x9.5 +30 only sometimes scrubs on full lock.

Fronts are 18x9+15. Just an update the scrubbing starts at about 1/4 to 1/2 lock when turning right instead of the full lock as i mentioned before.

The left doesn't seem to scrub from what I've noticed, though it's hitting into the fender when going over uneven/pot hole roads and tiny amounts of rubber are getting sliced off :(

I think the left front side is slightly higher then the right. Just seems weird as fender on the right isn't eating into the tyres, maybe its a camber issue?

edit: typos galore lol

Im thinking of going 18x8.5 + 32 F with 225/40/18 and 18x9.5 + 38 R with 255/40/18 for my R34 GTT, from what i heard theres no need for any mods to make them fit.

Just need confirmation before i make a purchase, thanks :)

Im thinking of going 18x8.5 + 32 F with 225/40/18 and 18x9.5 + 38 R with 255/40/18 for my R34 GTT, from what i heard theres no need for any mods to make them fit.

Just need confirmation before i make a purchase, thanks :)

I'm certain these should fit fine without mods. I've had 18x10+22 on my rears with no mods, except until I got wider tyres :(

Looking at a set of rims at the moment their:

17x8 +45

17x9 +35

what would these fit like on an R33?

(Help would be much appreciated as I know very little regarding this)

http://www.boostclassifieds.com.au/advert/766888-Stm-Lightweight-Racing-Rims-1739-for-Sale.html

(link to the wheels in question)