SAU Community

New Skyline Owner...pls Advise...

peaceB

Hi guys, I've recently made purchase to a 99 Skyline GTX 34 Vspec non turbo with no spoiler. There are a few things I would like to do to it, but just don't know where to start and where to look, can you guys give me some advise? Car is in stock condition. I live on the coast.

1) Full body kit and where? What choices do I have? Cost?

2) Exhaust - what kind and where?

3) Upgrade immobiliser to an alarm, how much and what brand?

4) Stereo - want to upgrade the stereo system cos it's factory. Want to put in some speakers and maybe an amp or two, but totally don't know where to start, please advise. (prefereably Pioneer or Kenwood)

Thank you :)

peace ;)

thx ;)

---edited---

been looking in the forum for info and been checking over the net, couldn't find much info for the questions... ;)

I would actually like some ideas and some advise on what to do since a majority of you guys owns skylines...I just don't know where to start... :)

been checking the internet for kits and amazingly, to my stupidity I couldn't find any for an R34, wanna point me in the right direction? I just want to know what choices i have...

peace ;)

Edited by peaceB

Hi guys, I've recently made purchase to a 99 Skyline GTX 34 Vspec non turbo with no spoiler.  There are a few things I would like to do to it, but just don't know where to start and where to look, can you guys give me some advise? Car is in stock condition. I live on the coast.

1) Full body kit and where? What choices do I have? Cost?

2) Exhaust - what kind and where?

3) Upgrade immobiliser to an alarm, how much and what brand?

4) Stereo - want to upgrade the stereo system cos it's factory.  Want to put in some speakers and maybe an amp or two, but totally don't know where to start, please advise. (prefereably Pioneer or Kenwood)

Thank you  :P

peace  :(

Full body kit - Check out DMD,Jetspeed etc...

Exhaust - Check out business traders for sale section in this forum

Immobiliser/Alarm - Chris Rogers (check audio section for contact details)

Stereo - Try Places like JB hifi, WOW sight n sound etc...

Post up some pics of your ride dude. Happy Skylining! :)

Ok guys here it is...please go to My Webpage and check it out in one of the photo album.

;) Due to my negligence today coming out of Chevron Renaissance in Surfers, I almost run over this pedestrian. He is ok, and unharmed. In return, I got an ear-full of swearing (I deserved it) and worst of all, a few light dints on my Skyline's hood... *cry*

:P

:P thanks for the low down guys, be right on it with the alarm system!

the car currently has a mongoose immobiliser in it, if i was to upgrade it, should i stick with a mongoose alarm? what options do i have? and where and who should I see on the coast to get it done?

peace :D

Ashmore ey... think I've seen your car, very tidy.

;) really? thx

mongoose isnt such a bad alarm, just depends what you willing to spend.

:) I was originally thinking of Viper, but then I've heard they don't make Viper Alarms anymore...I don't even know what brands there is to choose ffrom as a matter of fact ;) Know how much it usually cost to upgrade the immobiliser to a full alarm system(any brand)? If not, who should I speak to about it on the coast?

thx for putting up with my 20 questions :D

;) really? thx

:) I was originally thinking of Viper, but then I've heard they don't make Viper Alarms anymore...I don't even know what brands there is to choose ffrom as a matter of fact  ;) Know how much it usually cost to upgrade the immobiliser to a full alarm system(any brand)? If not, who should I speak to about it on the coast?

thx for putting up with my 20 questions  :D

i'd also advise against advertising the brand of your alarm...just gives potential theives more info on what they're working with.

Saying it has an alarm is enough imo.

if that pedestrian damaged ur car (even if you were in the wrong) I would have run the prick over...there's no need to take it out on your pride and joy

if that pedestrian damaged ur car (even if you were in the wrong) I would have run the prick over...there's no need to take it out on your pride and joy

:P You're right on that one! But I found out after I got home so...Oh well, the car is too shiny to acknowledge it from a far...but up close...*cry*

was the pedestrian on a pedestrian crossing?

I think you know where I'm heading with that question.

Also are you dead sure thats a GTX V-Spec.

Coz you have the GT-T wheels and a front strut brace.

If you have the GT-T front brakes and suspension as well, your car is a GT-V.

I could be wrong, just overly suspicious/curious at what I can gather from your pics. <_<

Edited by svd164

was the pedestrian on a pedestrian crossing?

I think you know where I'm heading with that question.

Also are you dead sure thats a GTX V-Spec.

Coz you have the GT-T wheels and a front strut brace.

If you have the GT-T front brakes and suspension as well, your car is a GT-V.

I could be wrong, just overly suspicious/curious at what I can gather from your pics. <_<

No, He wasn't on a pedestrian crossing. I "nudged" him at an entrance to a car park.

;) I am pretty sure it's a GTX Vspec. That's what my papers saids. Unless I am illiterate. Other than that, I am not so sure with Skylines. :unsure: How do I check it out?

Ask someone who has the Nissan FAST software (like me) to run your VIN# for you.  From all the research I've done I haven't come across a GTX V-Spec but like I said I could be wrong.

:P sorry but isn't it rather dangerous distributing your VIN# around over the internet? :blink: