SAU Community

There Are Nice Ppl In Adelaide

Nozila

Id just though Id let people know that there are generous and helpful people in Adelaide. On my way home this morning, my car started to lose all its power and just completed shut down. Anyways, I pushed it off the main road - in the pouring rain, and was diganosising the problem. After about 30 mins of not being able to get it started - problem discovered (with so many cars that drove past that I lost count who didnt even bother to pull over inc fellow imports) one guys out of no where asked if I needed a hand and finally got it started. This is just a post to say thank you to this guy, I own you a beer or two. What I found sad was that not one import driver who drove directly past me pulled over to ask if I needed any help in one way or another. Go figure.

;)

most people who drove past you wouldnt have had the mechanical knowledge to be of any help to you, i know i dont, and on top of this most were probably on their way to work and wouldnt have had time to spare or the desire to get soaked, so i dont think its really fair to be pissed off at them

ps RAA membership wouldnt hurt http://www.raa.net/page.asp?SecID=5&rnd=0.533424

This wasnt meant to be a rant but more of an observation. My car didnt break down during peak hr so I would assume that the majority of people that drove past wasnt going/headed to work. RAA wouldnt have helped as I didnt have my phone or was I near anywhere pay phone facilities. But yeah, a few import drivers just boosted straight pass me as though there car was better than mine. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got a RAA card u could of used and also a mobile.. u know I would have been there for ya if I had driven past... damn it was just bad luck I guess man..

funny how, I gotta renew my membership for RAA and never ever used it for myself...lol

it's just like a rubber.. "just in case i need it!" :O

i would of stopped for you man :) did it look as though your car was stuffed? or did it look as though u just pulled over for no reason...? even though u said u was pushing da car :)////

Just got a bit of badluck with the drivers who boosted pass you... lucky enough there are some nice peoples out there to lend a helping hand...

so what was wrong with your car?