SAU Community

R32 With Conversion

Hello all,

I am thinking about getting a r32 of some age.

I want a reliable engine with a fair bit of power.

Just weighing up some options. Will a hr32 fit a rb26 out of a 33 or a 32 quite easily will need special mounts? How much is a half cut of a 32 or 33 gtr going for these days?

What about a rb25? similar question how much for installation and how much for a half cut?

Thanks for your help.

(I tried searching didnt show anything i was specifically after)

I think R32 GT-R half-cuts are around 6G, RB25 can be had for around 3G - check the advertisers in Zoom! / HPI.

The RB26DETT needs some minor mods on the engine mounts (I think) to fit a GTSt. The RB25DET drops straight in. I've done the swap, and with aftermarket ECU it punches 180 kW thru 4 wheels (mine is a GTS4). That is on 10psi and 95 octane fuel. (This is up from a mighty 115 awkW that the RB20DET punched out.)

everything is pretty much the same, there is a member in the vic section that i know who has a gts-4 with an rb26 in his car when he bought it,

id say if u want a no frills engine swap then go blind elks conversion, the 25 fits straight in with very little mods as mentioned and the power gained is more than adequate for a 32 gtst and id say more worth it than a 26dett.

Hello all,

I am thinking about getting a r32 of some age.

I want a reliable engine with a fair bit of power.

Just weighing up some options. Will a hr32 fit a rb26 out of a 33 or a 32 quite easily will need special mounts? How much is a half cut of a 32 or 33 gtr going for these days?

What about a rb25? similar question how much for installation and how much for a half cut?

Thanks for your help.

(I tried searching didnt show anything i was specifically after)

Think about this

A tidy R32GTSt $12000

RB26 halfcut $6000+

R33 GTST G/box $1500

Custom driveshaft $500

Labour to fit and wire $2000 easy even if you do most of the easy stuff yourself.

If you want an RB26 I'd be looking at R32 GTRs for $22-25k

• 2 years later...

I just got my RB25DET (series 2) and I was hoping you could help me with some questions.

My Skyline is non turbo so it will be a big step with the RB25.

Now then, my first question is about the gearbox mounts, I hear they aren't the same and I will also have problems with the speedo meter. What do you know about this? Can I use the Xmember of the R33 ??

The second is about the harness, everyone that has ever swapped an engine told me that the harness is the most difficult part of the swap. Do you have the diagram of the R32 and the R33 (still can't find it for the R32) and some pointers on how this is done??

Hope to get a reply from you soon

Carlos Rudolph