SAU Community

Good Roads

Sambo33

Hi people! ive just got my car back from its engine rebuild, and ive started the running in process. i need to find some roads with plenty of up-hills and corners. i know of a few, but i need to variate a bit because ill be covering a lot of ks. any suggestions?

thanks,

sam

I drove mine up and down the sea front from south up as far north as I could go.

Lots of low speed round abouts that see's nice loads when accelerating out.

Did you end up wiring open the wastegate so you can get some nice load in to it?

Its what I did and basically drove around flat foot N/A.

Not one little bit of blow back, zero oil in the intake pipes.

With the turbo connected you really can't get much load in to it without going overboard. :(

Edited by Cubes

hi Cubes! i was going to ask Shaun about wiring the wastegate open, but i forgot...

he said try to keep away from vacuum on the boost-guage, and to try and run it at 0 as much as possible. i found going up steep hills is good for this, also accelerating out of sweeping corners, & sometimes on straight roads i stop then start again. its a bit tricky, but im getting the hang of it :(

Wire it open your self? :P

You will need some s/steel wire and a little flat head screw driver to pull the circlip off.

That way you can simply hold it down. :(

Doesn't really go anywhere without boost but its easy to get a consistent load. Deceleration is also very bad. Drop it in neutral instead of using gears to slow down.