SAU Community

Cams Licence

Paulie_Bro

Paulie,

At this point in time, Skylines Australia QLD Club is not CAMS affiliated. With our small member base, that is ever increasing, theres not really enough of us to have that option yet.

It has been previously discussed for us to become CAMS affiliated, but with no CAMS tracks in QLD, we didn't really see the point of it at this point in time.

Regards,

Erin.

Duncan the post whore... LOL

Your a fast little bugger... Stealing young QLD members...

I dont see the point tho in having the cams licience. I mean i went to targa 2 years ago now and thats the only time i have ever needed it. So what i am trying to say is why do you want one "Paulie_Bro"???

Whats ya plans... Is there something im missing???

Surely you guys have sprints and hillclimbs run under CAMS permits?  I know Qld raceway have their own insurance but there must be other events thru CAMS?

Yeah I think there are a few, such as Gatton St Sprints are from memory. Is dutton rally as well? Cant remember, but there are a few.

I'm pretty sure Mt Cotton hill climb and Noosa hill climb are CAMS events. Similarly, if you wanted to progress to full class racing, a CAMS license is required. The track does not need to be a CAMS track to run a CAMS event.

If there is appropriate demand for the club to become cams affiliated then it will be re assesed but as of the last time it was discussed there was little to no interest in people obtaining cams licences. Most of our members will never do any more than the odd track day at Qld Raceway which as pointed out, has its own insurance. While it may be an attraction to future members currently we have not had the members nor the interest in the club to warrant it.

As was said before, the club is growing and the decision we made on the cams affiliation is not a final decision, it will be re assessed in the near future as is the case with most things regarding the club.

If you feel the qld club should obtain cams affiliation please email any one of the club exec and we will take into consideration your request when we next discuss this matter. Alternativly members of sau-qld who wish to see the club become cams affiliated should get in contact with one of the club exec and make it known that you wish for your club to become affiliated.

As was stated earlier, previously only 2 or 3 people had expressed interest in obtaining a cams licence through the club had it been available to them. This was seen as evidence of a lack of desire or need of a cams licence by most if not all members of the club which was the main basis for our previous decision on the matter.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys sorry to drag this thread back up again but figured its better in here than anywhere else.

All the qld guys, what cams affiliated clubs are you lads members of as I really want to find a club that is still active :)

sparc is located on the gold coast but are they even active these days?

sparc was still active when i last checked, however i let my cams licence lapse as i havent used it and didnt plan on doing anything till my car was in better readieness for it.

i do know they were having a bit of financial trouble a while back, but afaik they were still running. there is also a list of cams car clubs on the cams website.