SAU Community

Custom Gtr Drag Plenum ** Pics Inside**

If I had the time/resources/interest to develop such a thing it would have two plenums 123-456 fed by two throttle valves . I believe it would stand a much better chance of even distribution over each set of three cylinders and halve the reversion problems . The 153624 order would draw from front back front back etc plenums . Engines such as the four cam twin plenum VG30 do it a bit like that though if memory serves me correctly they have a throttled balance pipe as well . The Porsche flat sixes have had separate plenums from the beginning . Difficult to package on a straight six Skyline but sometimes these things work . Nissan dualled everything else on the RB26 except the plenum and intercooler so who's will be the first ?

Cheers A .

The mk3 supra is the JZA70 and yes they came out with a 1JZ-GTE

The mk4 is the JZA80 which came with the 2JZ

It's obviously had an engine swap if it's got a 1UZ-FE in it

Have you done any of these before for a big hp RB??? Or is this the first?

Not wanting to start a flaming war, but was the manifold based on a "she looks right externally"way of thinking, or has it got a bit more thinking/design behind it???

I would not build a manifold based on looks. It is a large capacity plenum with large runners and TB because a ton of air is being moved through it. The runners are 51mm ID, and they taper down to the stock flange (this speeds up air vel.) which will be port matched to the ported head. The opening of each runner is radiused out to from 2" to 3.5" for max flow and smooth transition. This is not going on a street car.

Not sure if you're serious about the welds, but they're all sanded out. None are visible.

Our MA70 supra came with the 7M-GTE 3.0 turbo. We swapped it out in favor of the 1UZ.

You do realise that sanding welds smooth takes away a good portion of its strength? That material looks about 10-12mm thick in most places, you could have mig welded the whole thing, except where you welded the runners to the flange i guess you prob tig'd them on. or did youz tig the whole thing together??

Tig'd both inside and out. Same material and technique used on our fire truck parts (rated over 500 psi)

You do realise that sanding welds smooth takes away a good portion of its strength?  That material looks about 10-12mm thick in most places, you could have mig welded the whole thing, except where you welded the runners to the flange i guess you prob tig'd them on.  or did youz tig the whole thing together??