SAU Community

Rb20 Questions

SRP

hey guys....just wnat to find a couople of things out before i dop a couple of mods to a mates car

how much will RB20 standard injectors support at the wheels ( fuel pump malpassi fitted)

if i upgrade injectors will a Apexi S-AFC control them well enough?

do GTR injectors fit strait in and work?

also how much bigger is and RB25 turbo than a RB20 turbo?

thanks

stock injectors are usually good for about 150 - 160 rwkw i think.

The SAFC should be ok, it depends on how much power you want in the long run? a Power FC would be ideal.

Im not to sure about the GTR injectors.

RB25 turbo is a little bigger than a RB20. It makes more/the same power at lower boost.

Hope this helps, also try doing a search, this stuff gets covered all the time.

I think if you crank them up to 100% duty cycle standard injectors can be good for up to 180rwkw, ive had people tell me they are making over 200rwkw with the stockies but i don't really beleive that.

RB20 det uses top feed high impedance injectors whereas RB26 uses top feed low impedance injectors, so i think you can use them with a resistor pack or something.

rb25 turbo is substantially bigger than rb20 but if i were you id save my money and buy a brand new turbo. I mean ppl sell used rb25's for like $400+ and for around $1400 you can by a brand new, much better turbo, do it once do it right.

but yea, this gets asked all the time and has probably been answered in much better detail in another post so using the search button might be more helpful

the injector clips are also different between rb20 and rb26. had to buy bosch ones and put them in. also you may not be able to drive with just changing the injectors cause it will be putting alot more fuel into the motor. I had to have a heap of fuel taken out when I had mine installed.

Rhys

ive personally seen stok injectors and pump do 185 at treads..

my mate has 210 treads stok injectors,remap and pump (other crap 2)

safc will be enough for injectors upto 440..any bigger need other fuel pc

the rb25 turbo is a gret upgrade,,but id buy it new..can handle more boost on the rb20 engine and makes the power much lower

rb26 injectors do need the clip change and resistor packs

ShiBBIe

RB25 turbo is alright to add as thats what i had last on my RB20det and got just over 180rwkw (If dyno was correct)

Its a good cheap mod to do as it will change the way the car feels with more top end and a little less spinning at bottom end as boost cuts in a little later

I heard a better mod is to add the ball bearing turbo from a S15 200sx but dont know anyone who has done that..

hey guys....just wnat to find a couople of things out before i dop a couple of mods to a mates car

how much will RB20 standard injectors support at the wheels ( fuel pump malpassi fitted)

if i upgrade injectors will a Apexi S-AFC control them well enough?

do GTR injectors fit strait in and work?

also how much bigger is and RB25 turbo than a RB20 turbo?

thanks