SAU Community

Intercoolers ...

Hey guys, i want a good decent jap intercooler to put onto my car. Now just wondering what my best option were, hks, trust, apexi, etc ...

Also would you recomend buying a kit. Or just the intercooler, and getting a bit of custom piping?

Just get a hybrid copy one for $175 odd, get piping done and spend the rest of the money towards other mods. The copy ones are of a decent quality otherwise you wouldnt find so many of us using it.

Cheers,

yeah, im not really interested in getting a hybrid, esp a copy, sure they mite be cheap, but heard good things and bad things about both, I would rather buy a quality product and rest assure that it will most likely have no problems whats so ever. Also heard that those hybrids can then to make a whistle sound, i couldnt stand it if mine did that. And I want to put quality parts onto my r33.

If i wanted a good cheap option, i could get a cut down truck core, and make some end tanks myself at work. But meh, I actualy want a quality product :D

Go and buy a TRUST kit, bit pricey, but have to be one of the best fitted kit available, unless you get a well made custom one , which is then even dearer. If you go custom, use a garrett core.

i got a blitz intercooler kit, was a bit expensive $1200 but im very very happy with it.

its always freezing cold :).

it uses the stock pipes as well so the input put goes under the intercooler.

kinda looks like this..

||||||__

||||||

|______

as oposed to the normal ones which look like this

___||||||||___

||||||||

i do prefer the look of the normal one, but it looks cool anyways :)

edit: pictures didnt quite work.. u no what i mean tho :D

Edited by justin911