SAU Community

R32 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

As you may have noticed I have organised a SAU Group Buy for Whiteline suspension components and Bilstein shock absorbers for R33GTST Series 1 and Series 2. I chose this model as it is the single most popular Skyline.

If I get enough support I can also organise similar for R32GTST, so please let me know the level of interest.

;) cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid

hi SK, Im after a front swaybar for a 180sx with a RB20, as the stock swaybar is touching the sump

its not an R32 but its close! i think the closest part no. is BNF20 but I beleive they can custom make it a little forward or dip to fit?

Whiteline can make custom stabiliser bars (it costs a bit extra), but you will need to give them the dimensions or take the car there for them to measure. Something simple like "same as 180SX front bar but with 20mm more dip" may well be enough. Or a picture with dimensions on it is even better.

:rolleyes: cheers :)

my rear shocks are almost dead. (one makes a loud thump sound on every bump) :\

so ill be interested :3

R32GTST, R33GTST and Stagea are now on the Group Buy. I will be adding R32GTR today as the enginering is almost finished.

:rolleyes: cheers :)

How much for a R32 GTSt front and rear shock/spring set?

I have organised a SAU Group Buy for Whiteline suspension components and Bilstein shock absorbers for R32GTST. We get 15% discount off recommended retail and free freight if the individual order is over $500. Plus anyone who spends $1,000 or more gets an additional 5% discount.

I have chosen the springs rates and the stabiliser bar rates based on my experience with this model. Plus the shocks come with matching valving for those spring rates and 5 circlip grooves for setting the height up just how you want it. In addition the adjustable stabiliser bars come with 2 extra holes for even more adjustment.

1903Bilsteins_Small.jpg

The recommended settings for road use are also included. The savings on a full kit is around $600, so it is not only technically a great set up it is also good value for money.

Delivery is via Toll Priority and I have organised an Australia wide price, so it doesn't matter where you live, you will get the parts at the same price as everyone else.

KCA347.jpg

Please post up your order here and any questions you may have. Fitting and alignment can be done at the following locations;

Heasmans Sydenham NSW

East Coat Suspension Kirrawee NSW

St George Steering Punchbowl NSW

Centeline Thomastown Vic

Traction Tyre & Suspension Rowville Vic

Discount Tyres Service Belconnen Act

More fitting stations will be posted as they come to hand.

:P cheers :D

R32GTST_Whiteline_Package.jpg

PS; Several sets of shocks and springs are currently in stock, bushes and stabiliser bars are made to order. So delivery is 10 days from time of order, all items are shipped via Toll Priority using their Off Peak service. Consignment note numbers will be provided at the time of shipping, so your order can be tracked via Toll.

Payment should be made in full to the bank account details in the initial post, the receipt number for internet banking is acceptable or a copy of the deposit slip for over the counter banking. Send them to me via PM.

350mm, centre of wheel to guard.

is this a standard rate they have? or can we request a different height

for example 330mm.

thanks

There ae 3 circlip grooves below the standard circlip groove and 2 above, they are all 8mm apart. So you can go approximately 366mm, 358mm, 350mm, 342mm, 334mm or 326mm.

:D cheers :D

If at street legal height is the suspension considered legal for road use. - undefectable.

I have an R32 4 door - do you know if all the suspension components are the same I assume it would be

All components are DOT legal, each State has its own interpretations of the ADR's though. I have been involved in a case where a standard Falcon was defected for being too low, so there are no guarantees when it comes to some State's stupidity.

The 4 Door is the same, if you carry 4/5 people often, fill the boot with stuff and/or tow things then you may want to go up one circlip groove on the rear spring seats. But that's about it, everything fits perfectly.

:P cheers :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
the springs for the r32 gtst are the minimum height which are legal right??

Does this make the front end of the car any stiffer or just lower??

I was just enquiring if you could acquire 8kg/mm springs for the front end through whiteline??

Thnx

Legal height is a tough question because the exhaust systems vary from 2.5" to 4". This means what is a legal 100 mm clearance with a 2.5" system is an illegal 62 mm with a 4" system. The additonal circlip grooves on the Bislteins in the Group Buy kit mean that you can adjust the height to make sure it is legal.

The Whiteline springs are a higher rate than standard, usually 20% to 25% higher. The standard springs are ~3kg/mm so an 8kg/mm spring is not a road spring, in fact it is fair bit higher than what I would use circuit racing.

Hope that was of some help

:) cheers :)

Is this the same thread as http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...pic=85591&st=80

Where should I post?

R32 GTST 4 door.

SK. What are the rates of the springs you are recomending? My fronts are stuffed. I figured I'd replace all 4 at once.

So I was thinking I'd go coilovers since I drift once a month and the car isn't a daily driver as such, although does get a lot of street time (not 'street racing' though)

I would consider what you are offering as I want something that is stiff enough to drift on, but not too hard for the road.

I am currently looking at the HD systems coilovers for $1295 I think from memory their rates were 6kg and 8kg

Just looking at price of your kit..is this right?

pair of springs = $154x2 = $308

Pair of Shocks = $571x2 = $1142

Pair Dustcovers/bumpstops = $56x2 =$112

Total = $1562 less 5% extra for being over $1000 = $1483.90

Cheers

Chris

Edited by eXc