SAU Community

R33 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

Jamex also delivered the wrong shocks to me the same as SKYKC. As instructed I sent them back, but Jamex refused to accept them.

I guess its buyer beware.

Having paid my money over 2 months ago I am not impressed with this group buy.

I dont know the name of the person I am dealing with - except its 'Gary'. I have been asked to send money to a company Jamex that does not want to identify itself.

I cant really complain as dealing in this manner is asking for trouble and thats what I have.

I urge others to be very careful when dealing in this manner. I accept that others have had great success and given great feedback.

David

Edited by old_man_silvia

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jamex also delivered the wrong shocks to me the same as SKYKC. As instructed I sent them back, but Jamex refused to accept them.

I guess its buyer beware.

Having paid my money over 2 months ago I am not impressed with this group buy.

I dont know the name of the person I am dealing with - except its 'Gary'. I have been asked to send money to a company Jamex that does not want to identify itself.

I cant really complain as dealing in this manner is asking for trouble and thats what I have.

I urge others to be very careful when dealing in this manner. I accept that others have had great success and given great feedback.

David

Just for clarification, I have spoken to David on the phone and sorted the confusion out. He should have his shocks on Tuesday.

:) cheers :(

$700 is very very steep.

myself and a mate did the springs + shocks along with the pineapples ourselves. it took us a lazy 3 hours. i'm sure most of the users on this forum would have the basic socket, spanner, trolley jack, shifting spanner, axle stands etc. definately something that you could save money on.

most workshops want the car for at minimum the whole day so that they can work on the car between every little job. to me that's more hassle than its worth - since id rather do it myself than wait around for the entire day without a car.

i am still waiting on my front camber bushes which wasnt included in my delivery from jamex and will need a press to get the rest of the babies in. *any idea where the wednesday/thursday delivery is happening gary?

ouch!! i take it that includes them assembling the shocks too? anyone else care to share how much they paid for installation?

cheers.

##I got a quate from East Coast Suspensions as followes, is that the normal price for installation?

*To fit your springs & shocks , plus front camber & caster kit would cost $450.00.

*To fit the rear camber kit to the upper outer pivot points (ie. in the

upright would cost an additional $135.00.

*For Front & rear wheel alignment ( full adjust ) is $165.00.

So All up to $750

##St George quate for the above for $893

##Nismo quate me $350 for shock installation $400 for caster and camber installation, and $88 for wheel alignment.so all up to $838

##Pedders quate me $450 just to install the shocks,,,I didnt ask for the rest hehehe.

Guys,

Im setting my rride height for 355/345. as per the dust cover and bump stop, not sure where to cut it for it tio suit the ride height. please refer to the picture attached. This pic got it from Garys R33 GTr forum.

post-33178-1171979697.jpg

thinking of cutting 5mm further down where Gary has indicated 350mm mark?

Gary,

Still waiting for these shocks to turn up. What is the latest please. Do you have a con note?

David

They were hard to track down, found them yesterday. I should have them tonight and send them to you tomorrow. I will PM you the con note number as soon as I have it.

:) cheers :kiss:

Still waiting on my order....Sent another PM yesterday.

Sorry for the delay, only 1 set of bump stop/dust covers in stock, delivery expected today. If so, they will go out to you tomorrow. I will PM you a con note number as soon as it is issued.

:) cheers :kiss: