SAU Community

R32 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

just for your information, gary...

both times i recieved items they were sent with toll priority

they actually screwed me around both times. first time i was home and they didn't ring the bell and jsut left a note. then they wouldn't deliver when i was home next so i had to go pick them up form the depot

second time, i hadn't recieved anythign, so called them about the consignment number you ave me. they claimed that they came 3 times and no one was home. but, i was home each time, no doorbell was rung. no note was left. slack barstards. so again, i had to pick it up from the depot.

toll priority = lazy as shit

i recommend changing couriers for future deliveries in your group buys

regards

Warren

Gary,

I would like to buy the following if still available

1. Front and Rear Bilstein shocks and Whiteline springs

2. Bump stops and dust covers to suit.

This car is predominantly street driven but I enjoy tacking it to the drag strip every so often. Will this setup be ok for the strip or am I better off replacing the springs/shocks for periods where I plan to drag race. The car currently runs an Rb25 with GT35R but will soon be replaced with a built RB30 so I will be looking for good launches at the strip.

Sorry, tried to PM but your inbox must be full.

Will make full payment on Monday if the stock is still available.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Ben

just for your information, gary...

both times i recieved items they were sent with toll priority

they actually screwed me around both times. first time i was home and they didn't ring the bell and jsut left a note. then they wouldn't deliver when i was home next so i had to go pick them up form the depot

second time, i hadn't recieved anythign, so called them about the consignment number you ave me. they claimed that they came 3 times and no one was home. but, i was home each time, no doorbell was rung. no note was left. slack barstards. so again, i had to pick it up from the depot.

toll priority = lazy as shit

i recommend changing couriers for future deliveries in your group buys

regards

Warren

Hi Warren, I am sorry that you had problems with Toll. There have been well over 100 deliveries on the suspension Group Buys and yours is the only complaint I have received. Nothing, not a single package, has gone missing and everyone has been very happy with Toll's service. So I can only suggest that your particular local Toll courier is the exception. The rest of them have done a pretty damn good job.

:thumbsup: cheers :laugh:

Gary,

I would like to buy the following if still available

1. Front and Rear Bilstein shocks and Whiteline springs

2. Bump stops and dust covers to suit.

This car is predominantly street driven but I enjoy tacking it to the drag strip every so often. Will this setup be ok for the strip or am I better off replacing the springs/shocks for periods where I plan to drag race. The car currently runs an Rb25 with GT35R but will soon be replaced with a built RB30 so I will be looking for good launches at the strip.

Sorry, tried to PM but your inbox must be full.

Will make full payment on Monday if the stock is still available.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Ben

Yep, I have been away In Canberra since Thursday. So at 30 to 40 PMs a day, my inbox fills up pretty quick.

The Group Buy kit was engineered (by me) to give a sporty ride for the street and at the same time suite the sorts of things that Skyline owners use their cars for (road drag and circuit). It a great all round kit. I have done an 11.9 at 120 mph with a 1.8 second 60' on a Group Buy kit in the R34GTT. So I don't see a problem using it for occasional run down the 1/4.

PM sent with prices.

:thumbsup: cheers :laugh:

Sorry, this Group Buy is closed for shocks as there is no more stock of rear R32GTST Bilstein. I will re-open it for shocks when the next shipment is confirmed.

The other items (springs, bushes and stabilser bars) are still available however.

:( Merry Xmas to all at SAU :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys I have been on holidays since the 20/12, I will get around to the hundred or so PM's over the next few days.

No news from Bilstein Germany on the rear shocks production, I will post it here when I do. All other items for R32GTST's are available.

:) cheers :(

Garry,

Can you please let me know when you get front shockers for R33 GTS4 so I can buy the whole package As I told you in PM,

*Both front and rear shocks + front & raer springs + Dust cover & Bump stops + standerd strut tops....

This is the R32GTST thread. Better to watch the R33GTST thread and that will tell you when the Bilsteins have been cleared through customs. I am in Melbourne from Sunday to Thursday and may not have internet access for much of that time.

:laugh: Cheers :laugh:

This is the R32GTST thread. Better to watch the R33GTST thread and that will tell you when the Bilsteins have been cleared through customs. I am in Melbourne from Sunday to Thursday and may not have internet access for much of that time.

:P Cheers :(

Oops I moved to r33 gtsts thread as you said Garry. :P

Hi all. I have decided in light of purchasing the kit to do a review of the overall characteristics and my honest opinion of the kit as i have noticed no one has done so yet specifically on the R32Gts-T.

Being a young bloke, i was 16.5 (im 19 now) when i first bought my Skyline. That sed, the car came reasonably standard, with only 3 inch exhaust all the way through, coilovers, and some rather large rims. On first approach, the excitement of owning your first car seems to overwhelm your intuition as i soon realised some of the problems with the suspension. I have had 2 sets of Coilovers in an attempt to get the ride i wanted. Tein Coil-overs and HKS-Hipermax-D coilovers. These coilovers have their great attributes, however in my opinion the negatives far outweigh the positives outcomes. The Harsh, bone shattering ride of the Teins seemed to do nothing but either spin the wheels when the power was put down, or bounce over any bump larger than a minor divit in the road. It was uncomfortable and unefficent. In the attempt to rectify this i went for a set of HKS' which had fully adjustable dampening. An upside i thought at the time as i cud adjust the "harshness" of the ride. Once installing them, they were only marginally better than the Teins, and even more so seemed to promote more understeer than the Teins when going for spirited drives through some of the hills around my area.

I did some searching round, and finally came upon this group buy. I read through the posts and listed the upsides and downsides of the kit. However really you were hard pressed to find many downsides. The only one i could find is degree of resolution(difference between smallest increments of adjustment) of the Bilsteins isnt quite as fine as the coilovers. A mere trade off for legality (coilovers are generally illegal without modifications). If you wanted just a "set and forget" suspension height then there really is no use in these japanese coilovers and you are not utilising the adjustability. Everything else in the kit really had no downsides. Upgrading sway bars for example is a well known way to cure many handeling problems, upgrading bushes to a aftermarket polyurethane or the like is a known way to minismise the "looseness" in a chassis' handeling characteristics. So on an so forth.

So i decided to go ahead with the kit. After purchasing, everything was delivered to my door no hassles.

The kit was installed. This included, bilsteins all round, whiteline springs all round, whiteline sway bars front and rear, whiteline camber (front and rear) kits, whiteline castor kit, whiteline subframe alignment kit, and i had already had front and rear strut braces.

Initially, hopping in the car and taking her round the block, you notice (going from coilovers) the ride is smooth, subtle, and on the whole an enjoyable ride. Every part does its job the way it should.

The bumps are soaked up in the shock and spring, rather than being passed into the chassis with the coilovers. The sway bars do the work of minimising body roll instead of using rediculous spring rates to attempt to cure this problem. The bushes minimise the "squirm" of teh chassis upon turn in and hard cornering loads rather than trying to do this via the stupidly high spring rates. Coilovers would be a reasonable option in Australia if all our roads were perfectly smooth and minimal immperfections were apparent. But both you and i know this is not the case.

This kit has transformed my car without a doubt. Driving it most days (i go to uni so finacially its not feasible to drive everyday) its a comfortable ride. Firmer than stock, but at the same time its "nice" type of firm. It feels surefooted and allows you to have confidence in the car. Something in racing (i race Sprint Karts) that is without a doubt paramount to having a quick car. I know i wont be racing this car, but when on these spirited drives it does help to feel confident in the car that it can handle what you will throw at it. If your going to be driving your car everyday, or even "every now and then", this is the kit for you as its an awsome performer in all fascets you will drive your car in. SydneyKid has done the time testing this kit on the road, and i have no doubt that every member on here will vouge for him that he does know what he is doing and he does what he does well. How many other kits can you find that have the extensive testing and development this one has? Youd be hardpressed to find any more than you can count on your hands.

Anyone looking at buying this kit to replace stock suspension, or replace coilovers, I URGE you to at least talk to Gary(SydneyKid) bout this kit as its probably the best money you will spend on your car over the period of owning the fine automobiles Nissan created. I know this is a bit long, but thanks for listening and i hope at least a few of you take the time to look into this groupbuy.

Cheers, David

Edited by R32Abuser