SAU Community

R32 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

Hi guys, my inbox is filling up faster than I can respond to the PM’s. I usually get 30 to 40 PM’s a day. With the current delay in delivery, that has increased to 40 to 50 per day and I just can’t keep up with that sort of volume. Particularly as some of the more technical PM’s take 10 to 15 minutes each to reply to and my available time has decreased dramatically for reasons which will become obvious shortly.

I feel that I need to “broadcast” a Group Buy update until I can clear the backlog of PM’s. Here is the current situation;

1. A little back ground first. As you may be aware Redranger and Whiteline merged a couple of months ago. The first step was a merger of Sales, Marketing and Distribution functions and Whiteline’s Minto premises were simply not large enough to accommodate this. So the premises adjacent to Redranger at Somersby were acquired and that was utilised for the larger, merged entity. Some people have taken this as a sign that Redranger “took over” Whiteline, when that is in fact not the case, it is a true merger.

The Whiteline manufacturing premises at Minto remain. More news on that shortly.

2. How this affects the Group Buys. Many of the products that I specified for the Group Buy Kits are unique, it is what makes the kits “work” better than any other Skyline suspension update. This uniqueness has been possible because of my knowledge of the systems within Whiteline (plus Bilstein, of course). The Redranger merger has disrupted that system and the “unique” (to the Group Buy) parts have not been flowing through as they had previously.

3. The good news. I have been working 14 hours a day, every day, for the last week, including yesterday (Saturday) helping to clear that backlog of orders. As a result, all of the Group Buy orders should be delivered this week. At this point I can’t tell you what day your individual order will be delivered. But as they flow through the system I will inform you of the con note numbers as soon as they are issued (the normal system).

In conclusion, I know you probably don’t care about the reasons, you just want your stuff and that is totally understandable. But I felt I had to give some background and let you know that I am working on clearing the backlog (personally as it happens) so that we can return to our previous prompt responses. Please hang off on the PM’s, I promise you that I haven’t skipped off to Brazil with your money. That your stuff will be delivered very shortly.

:) Cheers :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hey SK

I saw a price for Chris32 at very start of thread. it was about $1200 for full set shocks/springs, is this still the going price? Also I couldn't find a price on swaybars are they available. The set is for a drift car but no one has reviewed the set on a drift level. What are the spring rates, are they good enough for drift?

Thanks

Royce

your inbox is full again, heres a copy of the PM i was going to sned u, if u could reply via PM thatd be great.

hey, ok its come time again to decide on whats next out of the group buy i should be getting, my car is a HCR32 and already has the shocks, kingsprings, caster and 1 rear camber kit (bushes yet to be installed), so next on the list looks like the swaybars, but im just wondering what else i should be looking at aswell, im spreading my budget between this and a remap so i dont want to be spending much more than $500 at the moment. now the rear subframe alignment seems to be a good option, but should i also be looking at a front strut brace?

also, is there any point in getting rear strut braces for the R32's with their suspension setup? would i be able to pick up a cheap 2nd hand strut brace to do the same job?

cheers,

Stewart

Hi SK,

I thinking of buying a set of coilover and heard lot of peep said ur set up better! so, I'm just wonderring..

- how low ur setup go? (i've got Tein coilover that came with the car when I bought it) and now the car sitting about 1.5 inch above the tyres 235/45/17)

- how much gonna cost me for a set of front and rear shocks and springs? I need my car to sit lower than the my Tein coilover (need the guard to sit just above the tyres like no gap between them)

- what is ur spring rates for fronts and rears? (kg/mm)

look forward for ur info

Ford

your inbox is full again, heres a copy of the PM i was going to sned u, if u could reply via PM thatd be great.

hey, ok its come time again to decide on whats next out of the group buy i should be getting, my car is a HCR32 and already has the shocks, kingsprings, caster and 1 rear camber kit (bushes yet to be installed), so next on the list looks like the swaybars, but im just wondering what else i should be looking at aswell, im spreading my budget between this and a remap so i dont want to be spending much more than $500 at the moment. now the rear subframe alignment seems to be a good option, but should i also be looking at a front strut brace?

also, is there any point in getting rear strut braces for the R32's with their suspension setup? would i be able to pick up a cheap 2nd hand strut brace to do the same job?

cheers,

Stewart

PM sent, along with 80 others replies, sorry for the delay.

:) cheers :)

Hi SK,

I thinking of buying a set of coilover and heard lot of peep said ur set up better! so, I'm just wonderring..

- how low ur setup go? (i've got Tein coilover that came with the car when I bought it) and now the car sitting about 1.5 inch above the tyres 235/45/17)

- how much gonna cost me for a set of front and rear shocks and springs? I need my car to sit lower than the my Tein coilover (need the guard to sit just above the tyres like no gap between them)

- what is ur spring rates for fronts and rears? (kg/mm)

look forward for ur info

Ford

The Group Buy kit is definitely better than any Japanese coil overs, that 's for handling plus traction for acceleration & braking and for ride comfort. As for height, you should keep in mind that R32GTST's handle best around 350 mm front and 340 mm rear (centre of wheel to guard).

The Group Buy Bilsteins have additional circlip grooves added so you can set the height you want before you fit them. There are 6 grooves 8 mm apart and I can tell you the height that you will get from each groove. While 350/340 is the recommendeed height, the additional grooves enable you to go down to 340/330 but I most certainly wouldn't recommend it for handling or ride comfort.

You will also need to conisder correcting the excessive negative camber caused by lowering, if you don't you will wear out the tyrers prematurely and suffer from reduced tyre contact patch. For camber kits, this is what is usually needed for each height increment, note that all measurements are centre of wheel to guard of course;

Standard (new) height is 380 mm front and 370 mm rear

360/350 mm needs only the standard rear camber adjusters

350/340 mm needs 1 front camber kit and 1 rear camber kit

340/330 mm needs I front camber kit and 2 rear camber kits

Whiteline do not publish their spring rates, they are usually 20% to 25% higher than standard.

That about covers it, I have cleared some space in my PM box, so if you have any more detailed questions please take it to PM, I will be most pleased to answer them.

Hi Garry,

I would like to get stabiliser bars (F&R) and the caster kit too. Am I still able to get this thru the group buy at the prices quoted ? What would the ETA be?

In regards to the fron camber settings, I was under the impression that -1 camber for the front is a little conservative do you think otherwise? for circuit work

You going to the SAU track day? would be good to put a face to the Famous name !

Thanks

Pablo

The Group Buy kit is definitely better than any Japanese coil overs, that 's for handling plus traction for acceleration & braking and for ride comfort. As for height, you should keep in mind that R32GTST's handle best around 350 mm front and 340 mm rear (centre of wheel to guard).

The Group Buy Bilsteins have additional circlip grooves added so you can set the height you want before you fit them. There are 6 grooves 8 mm apart and I can tell you the height that you will get from each groove. While 350/340 is the recommendeed height, the additional grooves enable you to go down to 340/330 but I most certainly wouldn't recommend it for handling or ride comfort.

You will also need to conisder correcting the excessive negative camber caused by lowering, if you don't you will wear out the tyrers prematurely and suffer from reduced tyre contact patch. For camber kits, this is what is usually needed for each height increment, note that all measurements are centre of wheel to guard of course;

Standard (new) height is 380 mm front and 370 mm rear

360/350 mm needs only the standard rear camber adjusters

350/340 mm needs 1 front camber kit and 1 rear camber kit

340/330 mm needs I front camber kit and 2 rear camber kits

Whiteline do not publish their spring rates, they are usually 20% to 25% higher than standard.

That about covers it, I have cleared some space in my PM box, so if you have any more detailed questions please take it to PM, I will be most pleased to answer them.

Hi mate,

still waiting for the price of ur suspension...

How much for the kits for r32 gts-t? and what include in ur kits?

Cheers

Hi mate,

still waiting for the price of ur suspension...

How much for the kits for r32 gts-t? and what include in ur kits?

Cheers

Try reading Page 1 of this thread, all of the items and their prices are listed. If you then have any questions, please just ask.

:D cheers :D

Hey mate im interested in the Bilstein shocks, are they $571 for the set, or am i dreaming?, also i have got a set of king springs which i was told worked well with these, is this true? would the shocks be sweet to install or do i have to buy extra parts?? cheers

Not dreaming, just not reading the price list correctly, its $571 a pair, you need 2 x pairs.

The Kings Lows are OK, the Kings SuperLows are not.

I suggest you include a couple of kits of bump stop/dust covers as the R32's are getting on now and most times the standard ones are stuffed. It saves a couple of days waiting around to get them delivered when you find the standard ones are unusable.

:D cheers :D

• 2 weeks later...
What is the availability on the front and rear r32gtst shocks?

Front and rear adjustable swaybars too?

Delivery time?

Thanks.

Bilsteins are in stock, allow 1-2 days for circlip grooving

Stabiliser bars 3-4 working days, as we don't carry stock of the unique Group Buy bars

Delivery is via Toll Priority and usually takes 1-2 working days to most places in Australia, add 1-2 days for WA, TAS and NT

:D cheers :(

hey mate so im down for the shocks while using king spring lows, whiteline bump stops and dust covers, would u reccomend i get the camber kit too.. is this all i'll need? thanks

chase

if u lower the car the camber will increase, the rear moreso, ull need the camber kits to correct this camber.

i ended up just going with the rear camber kit and caster bushes as i was on a budget, im about to get it all aligned, but at the moment i have just the shocks, king spring lows and sway bars and the car feels pretty solid around corners and still comfortable on the streets, very happy with the products. cant wait to feel it with the rear subframe bushes in and rear camber and caster aligned.

• 2 weeks later...

im after aftermarket bushes for rear cradle (stock replacesments) and some pineapples. This thread is a little old and big.. just wondering if you can give me an updated price of these 2 delivered to qld mackay.

thankyou